Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

QuoteHave it You're Way
*cringe*

Quoteit's difficult to tell amongst Pokémon and trainers whose good, and who's just downright bad!
D:
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Yugi

When people bash on a game series for stupid reasons.

When people bash on a game series for reasons that another "Classic" Series did.

I'll give examples if people care.

Shadoninja

People who play their music loudly in public
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Yugi

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 10, 2013, 03:44:11 PMPeople who play their music loudly in public
YES, Particuraly if the Song is overrated as hell.

Kman96

Whenever SocialFox uses the word "futamari" and intentionally dodges any question as to what the hell it means.
Party Hard!
[close]

Yugi

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

Dude

Quote from: Kman96 on January 10, 2013, 04:03:27 PMWhenever SocialFox uses the word "futamari" and intentionally dodges any question as to what the hell it means.
1. It's futanari
2. Basically, it's girls with dicks and stuff.

I've only seen it as "Futa" and never knew the full term. Thank you for making me look it up.

Yugi

Yeah, long term spelling mistake.

SlowPokemon

it's...not that funny social. Not very funny at all actually.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

DID YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW.
DID YOU REALLY.

And when I realised I was spelling it wrong, I kept doing that to lead people off track.

blueflower999

I.... um... yeah.... let's move on.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SocialFox on January 10, 2013, 04:23:01 PMDID YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW.
DID YOU REALLY.

And when I realised I was spelling it wrong, I kept doing that to lead people off track.

Yeah I still don't think it was funny or clever...personally....

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 10, 2013, 04:23:58 PM.........

I.... um... yeah.... let's move on.

Agreed.

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 10, 2013, 04:29:22 PMYeah I still don't think it was funny or clever...personally....

Agreed.
I third that.

Quote from: SocialFox on January 08, 2013, 07:32:32 PMWhen people bash on a game series for stupid reasons.

When people bash on a game series for reasons that another "Classic" Series did.

I'll give examples if people care.
Let's talk about this now.

SlowPokemon

When people go overboard getting angry about Endless Eight. Sure, it was annoying, but it was NOT the end of the world. Kyoto was trying to be different and original, the results were just not quite as good as they had hoped. It certainly helps to explain Yuki's situation in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya--all that frustration, boredom and such she must have felt seeing the same events 15,532 times were probably torture. In addition, it's neat spotting the changes--no one ever wears the same outfit twice; I'm guessing there was a lot of work animating all of those (there's a reason cartoon characters rarely change clothes!).

My personal opinion is that they went overboard with the arc. Two or three episodes could have achieved the same effect. It's still a little irritating, but only because there was a lot of missed opportunity in season two because of it. Either way, I don't think the violent hatred that Endless Eight evoked in many fans is totally justified.