Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

The US Pledge is mostly a holdover from the 50's with the Red Scare. It's quite frankly an antiquated form of indoctrination and the "under God" part was added to distinguish us from the "godless" communists in the USSR.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dudeman

Pet peeve: alright.

Alright is not a word. It is never a word. It is always spelled "all right." Inner grammar nazi is very particular about it.

i mean it's debatable but i have a hard time letting this go
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Trainer Ave

Every time that somebody says that the Green Dude in the Zelda series is Zelds.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on December 14, 2015, 07:38:21 PMPet peeve: alright.

Alright is not a word. It is never a word. It is always spelled "all right." Inner grammar nazi is very particular about it.

i mean it's debatable but i have a hard time letting this go

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alright

For what it's worth, it's more proper than the phrase "grammar nazi." ;3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Trainer Ave

Quote from: Saria on July 22, 2011, 04:14:55 PMThose Americans talk shit about any country. They think they're so refined. -_-

I hate when people try to make a stereotype for all of the people in one country for something only a few people in the country actually do. I'm an American. I was raised in Alabama. AND THIS SHIT PISSES ME OFF. I was one of the ones who literally stayed on the phone and on Facebook for hours and hours every night for days talking to some of my relatives and some of my friends' relatives who lived in Paris right after the bombings. I donated at least $200 to help people in Haiti. I'm a Baptist missionary who travels to Guatemala every summer bringing money, clothes, water and anything I can find to help these people. Like I said I am an AMERICAN and I'm proud of it. Don't stereotype my people. I don't stereotype yours.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Trainer Ave

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 14, 2015, 09:03:00 PMI hate when people try to make a stereotype for all of the people in one country for something only a few people in the country actually do. I'm an American. I was raised in Alabama. AND THIS SHIT PISSES ME OFF. I was one of the ones who literally stayed on the phone and on Facebook for hours and hours every night for days talking to some of my relatives and some of my friends' relatives who lived in Paris right after the bombings. I donated at least $200 to help people in Haiti after the earthquake. I'm a Baptist missionary who travels to Guatemala every summer bringing money, clothes, water and anything I can find to help these people. Like I said I am an AMERICAN and I'm proud of it. Don't stereotype my people. I don't stereotype yours.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Sebastian

Ummmm.....why the double post?

Trainer Ave

idk. i tried to edit and it messed up......?
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Trainer Ave

UMMM. I just noticed an entire topic about me and what on earth was that about?
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

bruh do us all a favor and stop double posting kthxbai

What topic?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Trainer Ave

The double post was an accident.

The NSM Conspiracy Theories Topic in the Off-Topic Section.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dude

Saria's from new York fyi and I totally agree with her

Trainer Ave

Well the way she posted it comes across as stereotyping and it is in fact not a fact. NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE SELFISH BASTARDS
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Nebbles

Yes, we're well aware. That doesn't change the fact there's still problematic people in this country.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Trainer Ave

Heck yeah there are but just saying "These Americans" is just like saying "These humans". In my opinion it's stupid bc there are problematic people in every country and they are who they are and there's no stopping them. I would prefer not to go on another online rant but I really don't like being placed in a group when that group is being incriminated in something i took no part in.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server