News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

i hate it when people say breathing is their pet peeve like ok just kill me if it bothers you otherwise stop complaining about it because otherwise im just gonna keep breathing
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

mikey

*heavy breathing intensifies*
unmotivated

Yug_Guy

Bubbles

When cars' turn signals blink red instead of yellowy-orange

SlowPokemon

Super huge pet peeve: when people refer to music tracks from a Pokémon game as also originating from the game's remake.

Example: "Pokémon Gym" from Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow
Example: "Verdanturf Town" from Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Like do you realize how annoying that is. Ruby and Sapphire came out almost a full three years before Emerald. If XY gets a Z game or something like that, it's ridiculous to say that the tracks in X and Y are FROM Z. We don't list every Mario game that the Underground theme is in, even though the same version appears in several games. Because it only originated from one game. It just bugs me to no end.

I have no chill, I know. But it's still annoying.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

loool is this lowkey directed at me on my old tunes topic xd

anyway in your examples no one claims where the theme is originally from, only the games the theme appears in though? the verdanturf town theme in emerald is the same exact theme as it is in ruby and sapphire, is it not? i think that's why people say verdanturf is also from emerald(since it appears in the game), it's there to help people identify what game the track is from, not what game it was originally created for.
as for mario underground theme you said, it's because the same version of the song doesn't appear in every mario game, right?

SlowPokemon

I'm not saying I don't get why people do it and that a lot of people prefer it. This is a pet peeve topic.

Also I was thinking about the recent Mario games that have the exact same versions of some tracks in multiple games (such as the Underground remix that's in SMG, SMG2, SM3DW, and SM3DL).

Waddle Bro

just trying to help you understand in case you didn't get it, since you didn't say! :]

also just listened to the newer game versions and there's differences between them though? (like percussion and extra synths)

SlowPokemon

Okay I'm not stupid, I know why people do it. And my specific example isn't a great one but you know what I mean. Substitute any track that's used in multiple games of a series. Layton's theme, for instance. You know what I'm talking about.

Waddle Bro

nothing implied you'd be stupid and I if anyone wouldn't want to make you feel like that!
also I still fail to see problem with saying "Professor Layton's Theme from the Professor Layton series" instead of "from the Curious Village", but if you have a personal problem with it like you said(although you originally talked about remakes), it's cool fam! but you shouldn't expect people to form preconceptions and assume they know what you mean automatically!!

Dude

I hate that I can't fix stupid people.

cashwarrior1

I hate it when your dreaming and your trying to do something in the dream but you can't do it because the dream says no and then the laws of physics become messed up.

Dude

Sebastian

I hate it when people Grammar Nazi.

Altissimo

but people using the wrong your is my pet peeve
im being oppressed