Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

i cant stand it when people move

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jub3r7

Quote from: Ruto on May 04, 2016, 12:32:37 AMi cant stand it when people move
yeah like my best friend in second grade who i didnt see for another 10 years and by then i didnt recognize him and he actually went by a different name and half a semester went by and i didnt realize it was him until i heard his last name and i was like "yo i had a best friend b y  t h a t    n   a   m  e KEKAI IS THAT YOU?

i didnt talk to him a lot after that i guess he's mormon which is pretty cool i guess since they do missionary trips and actually help people on the other side of the world or whatever
bye
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Altissimo

Quote from: Jub3r7 on May 04, 2016, 03:10:42 AM"yo i had a best friend b y  t h a t    n   a   m  e KEKAI IS THAT YOU?

this is a beautiful

Dudeman

Sentences that end like this..

...what the heck is ".." supposed to be? Is it a period? Is it an ellipse? Make up your mind, dang it!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

What, are you talking about this?
Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 13, 2016, 05:11:36 PMSorry, I guess I shouldn't have said anything..
Do you want to know what I was going to say?

Dudeman

lol, not at all. It's just that ".." means nothing. It's either someone hitting the period button twice by accident, or slipping off the button before completing an ellipse. It just bugs me when I see it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

Bubbles

I use that as like a short ellipse, like I'm trailing but it's not super important to get a response or continue. But just enough to let the other person know there's more

Dudeman

nuuuuuuuuuu it looks so accidental D:

SlowPokemon

I've never seen it as accidental unless it's an old person typing. In most of the Peanuts comics, Charles Schulz writes the .. at the end of characters' dialogue.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 14, 2016, 12:09:06 PMIn most of the Peanuts comics, Charles Schulz writes the .. at the end of characters' dialogue.
Oh does he?
*googles*
...huh. Never noticed that. Interesting. Can't say I've seen it anywhere else.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 14, 2016, 12:09:06 PMI've never seen it as accidental unless it's an old person typing. In most of the Peanuts comics, Charles Schulz writes the .. at the end of characters' dialogue.
*wrote
;_;
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

You typically use present tense when writing about a work.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost