News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Netflix?

Started by triforced1, July 24, 2011, 07:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

NETFIX IS BUMPING THEIR PRICES UP. WTF? It was like $9.99 for unlimited on mail and streaming, now it'll be $7.99 for streaming, $7.99 for mail, and I think $14.99 for unlimited. And I think they're also putting a cap on streaming of some kind so it won't be unlimited.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fabbemannen

I thought netflix was free (on the 3DS at least)
I don't have an 3DS and doesn't watch movies so often, so I won't get it anyhow

SlowPokemon

^the software is free, and there's a month's free trial, but the account is $7.99 a month.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

People that whine about Netflix prices are silly.

The original price was $9ish for nothing but DVDs.  They added the Streaming for free, then shifted prices around a bit, and now are having you either pay $8 for DVDs, $8 for streaming, or $15ish for both.

It's perfectly reasonable.  If you can't afford it, then too bad.  Get a job.  Or a better one.
And if your internet is too poor to stream videos, you must be paying like $5 for it.  That's just silly.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Lol I don't actually think it's that expensive. I just wouldn't pay it cause I have better things to spend money on. I enjoy having it free though.

Jub3r7

Not just the movies but all the television shows on instant will give you plenty of things to watch.

I've really enjoyed the television show "Lie to Me", having watched the first 10 or so episodes on Netflix.
Also watched one and a half seasons of "Psych", which was quite enjoyable.
Oh, and they have both versions of the Full Metal Alchemist. They also have some South Park if you like that kind of stuff.
...My brother once tried to force me to watch a documentary on sex. If you don't mind the monotone voice in the background, I'm sure you could find some way to enjoy that...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

On Netflix today I watched the Fairly Oddparents

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 24, 2011, 09:08:42 PMI refuse to even see Cars 2, they only made it for merchandising and the first one was meh at best
I saw it, definitely better in my opinion. (It has explosions and guns! Okay, minor detail, but still...)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Jub3r7

OH. And if you do get it, watch Heroes. That show was amazing.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 25, 2011, 12:01:18 PMPeople that whine about Netflix prices are silly.

The original price was $9ish for nothing but DVDs.  They added the Streaming for free, then shifted prices around a bit, and now are having you either pay $8 for DVDs, $8 for streaming, or $15ish for both.

It's perfectly reasonable.  If you can't afford it, then too bad.  Get a job.  Or a better one.
And if your internet is too poor to stream videos, you must be paying like $5 for it.  That's just silly.
SORRY IF SOME OF US LIKE OUR MONIES, BRAH

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Here's a graphic that points out why you are dumb.

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

Kinda like Spotify.

Everyone was using the ad-supported free version with unlimited listening and were like "Omg, this is the best thing ever"

Then Spotify couldn't keep offering that service, as the ads didn't make enough money - Limit the free version to 20 hours a month + max amount of times a single track can be listened to 5.

"But here's this unlimited version - for 5â,¬ a month you can listen to all the music you want, no ads!"

"FIVE EUROS A MONTH? DEAR GOD THAT IS A LOT! NEVER USING THIS SOFTWARE AGAIN"

SuperFireKirby

I've never even subscribed to netfilx so....yeah

triforced1

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 28, 2011, 11:38:47 AM

Here's a graphic that points out why you are dumb.
That's because those companies give us internet, phone, cable, etc.

KefkaticFanatic

Didn't feel like shopping out the last part, but I partly agree with you.  Then again, there are usually better alternatives.  Usually.

me irl
[close]