News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Calling all arrangers!! Tetris Type A!!

Started by fingerz, August 17, 2011, 03:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAmYou

Yeah, I'm a flute player, so that just caught my eye. I know I'd be annoyed if the piccolo got a part I could play (though I'd be playing piccolo anyway so  :P)

Well, what I meant about ranges is that looking at the parts as written would make it easier to keep it in range and not get carried away. At least for me. But maybe I'm just weird *shrug*

Well as long as the Bari Sax player is good it's fine. If he weren't so good it would be difficult XD.

DrP

I'm liking everything so far. I can't really offer much help because I really didn't analyze it much.

I know the clarinet part is going to be fantastic (make it the best!!!)

fingerz

Bars 1 - 28 are finished! The bass is quite heavily orientated towards the end of that phrase, and the sax and french horn parts fit really well. Plus, I discovered a few more timpani parts and managed to add the double bass and electric bass in. Enjoy!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

fingerz

Ah, I have a question (and another one which I'll post when I find the name of the instrument)!
How do you remove/add instruments in Finale 2011 when you've already created the page. I don't want to have to make a new one. XD
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Shadoninja

Adding new staves

use the staff tool and then go to staff -> new staves or new staves(with setup wizard).

alternatively, you can create a blank stave by double clicking on the staff tool button. this also works with the measure tool which allows to you add a measure to the end.

Removing existing staves.

click on the box to the left of a staff and right click to bring up the menu, then delete staves or delete staves and reposition.  the first option makes it so all the other staves stay where they are while the second option moves them in a way that reduces the amount of blank space
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

fingerz

Thanks Shadoninja!
I'm sorry, but I'm still having trouble finding these things... Is there any way you can possibly show me a picture of whereabouts it is?
I've found the measure tool, but nothing to do with adding new staves with setup wizard. XD

Shadoninja

Add Staves

Delete Staves

I apologize for confusing you with extra trivia. hopefully this is clear.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

fingerz

Ah! Thanks Shadoninja! I've worked it out now. :D

fingerz

QUESTION! How would you add a Mark Tree into Finale?

pumpy_heart

How do you add the sound in? I found this in the Finale manual.
QuoteTo use Garritan Instruments in new scores:
From the File menu, choose New > Document with Setup Wizard. Or, in the Launch Window, select Setup Wizard. Page 1 of the Document Setup Wizard appears.
Choose a Document Style and Ensemble if you'd like and click Next. If you choose one of the ensembles marked "Garritan," Finale will load the Garritan instruments on the next page automatically. (See also Document styles.) Page 2 appears.
From the Instrument Set drop-downmenu, choose Garritan Instruments for Finale 2011. The available Garritan instruments appear in the subsequent lists. (If you chose a Garritan ensemble on the previous page, the instruments added to the right column are indeed the Garritan sounds regardless of the state of the Instrument Set drop-down menu).
Select the desired category from the left options in the column. Double-click the instrument you would like to add. Your selections appear in the right column. Use the up and down arrows on the right to adjust the score order manually. (Or, choose a preset order from the Score Order drop-down menu.)
Click Next.
Enter a Title, Composer, Copyright, and other information and click Next. The final page appears.
Make any additional settings and click Finish to complete the wizard.
Your new document opens. The instrument staves that appear are automatically configured for playback using Garritan sounds. For detailed information on setting up Garritan sounds, see Garritan Instrument Setup.

While notating into staves set for GPO playback, be sure all entries are within the range of the selected instrument. Notes outside of an instrument’s range will not playback. For a list of instrument ranges, see GPO Finale Edition Instrument Details.

Some instruments contain “Keyswitches” which are notes outside the range of the instrument that trigger a patch change from, for example, arco to Pizzicato. For a list of Keyswitches, see GPO Finale Edition Instrument Details. See also To add Keyswitches as Expressions.

Note that if Human Playback is enabled, it will recognize, for example, “arco” and “pizz,” and add keyswitches automatically. See the GPO & HP Tutorial Supplement for additional information.
Hope that helps.