News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Update, Friday August 19th of 2011

Started by Winter, August 19, 2011, 08:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 19, 2011, 11:11:46 PMwe as a community probably should have discussed this in greater detail rather than suddenly implementing it.

I agree, did anyone even know of plans to implement orchestral arrangements into the site before this update? Besides Winter and JaMaHa, of course.

This was just kind of sprung up, it's not necessarily a bad thing but it does create complications. It seems--to use my and Vera's favorite word--frivolous. Are there going to be enough orchestral arrangements submitted to merit an announcement that we accept them? I don't know as of yet but as for myself, I don't know enough about orchestras and the like to arrange something for them. I need a better understanding of other instruments... :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nintendude73

It doesn't really seem like anything bad can come of the addition.  Maybe some discussion would have been merited (at least it is now), but what's really the worst case here?  Some people submit arrangements that aren't really what Winter had in mind and we have to come up with some guidelines?

For the record, I didn't know about this either, but it seems like it's been been brought up before by forumers as something people wanted, so I'm kind of surprised by some of the negative replies.

SlowPokemon

I didn't want my reply to come across as negative, I was just surprised.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

I'm working out a more detailed system for accepting orchestral arrangements. Hopefully we'll have a thread up with guidelines and help topics to help the forum understand what's up.

If you have any suggestions, make a thread if it's detailed, otherwise small suggestions can be PM'ed to me.

Winter

Oh, also.

Enjoy. I put this in the first post. Courtesy of Ragster.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Winter

Y2K

It's 2K means 2000

Y2K was the year 2000

It's a joke about the 2000 sheets.

spitllama

Ahhh. I got the 2K but the Y was throwing me off. Clever.
Submissions Page

Winter

Haha, yeah.

It's for our signatures :) (as long as we were here)

so, right now it's for all of you.

spitllama

Submissions Page

Dude

Winter

I suppose. but that's not the joke -.-

Legos

Fun new signature thing :) A bit blurry text but it's nice!

pumpy_heart

By the time I get around to adding that image to my signature, NSM will have S3K sheets.
I've already started working on some orchestral arrangements, but will mod them to whatever guidelines are set up. Can't wait to see them go up on the site. Sound gorgeous.

Tangy

Awesome. I'll see if I have time to do some concert band arrangements.