News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

PROJECT .MUS CONVERSION -- **Now Finished!**

Started by Bespinben, August 21, 2011, 02:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

*All done*   ;D

INITIATE PROJECT .MUS CONVERSION!
Volunteers needed!

That's right, I am now attempting to convert my arrangements into .mus format thanks to my recent acquisition of Finale 2011 so that my work can be submitted to the site. I will need assistance in carrying out this project, as I have thus far arranged 21 pieces, each being fairly long and many being duets. To make this easier on myself (and to all potential volunteers), I downloaded a trial of version of the newly released Sibelius 7 which has built-in MusicXML export so I can convert my .sib to .xml, which converts better into Finale than through .sib to .midi and then importing the .midi into Finale. As such, I will post an .xml file paired with its .pdf of the original for each of my current arrangements so that I (and anyone willing to help) can import the file into Finale and edit the .mus until it matches the PDF.

Instructions for importing XML into Finale:
1.) Right-click the the XML link for the song you would like to help convert.
2.) Click "Save Target As" and save into the Desktop
3.) Go to your Desktop and right-click the XML file you just downloaded. Click "Open with" and select Finale.

Tips for editing:
1.) Finale doesn't seem to recognize any of the dynamics, tempo markings, or other expressions imported via MusicXML. They will still show up on the score, so when editing the .mus to match the PDF, make sure to edit the expression definition of the expression so that it shows up in the playback.

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primal Dialga / Dialga's Fight to the Finish (Two pianos): DONE!
[MUS]
Through the Sea of Time / Grovyle's Sacrifice (SOLO): DONE!
[MUS]
I Don't Want to Say Goodbye (SOLO): DONE!
[MUS]

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mt. Blaze (Two pianos): DONE!
[MUS]
Sinister Woods (Two pianos): DONE!
[MUS]
Great Canyon (Two pianos): DONE!
[MUS]
Sky Tower (Two pianos): DONE!
[MUS]
Pokémon Square (SOLO):  DONE!                                 
[MUS]   
Menu Screen (SOLO):  DONE!                                   
[MUS]
Escape Through the Snow / Snow Refugees (SOLO):  DONE!                                   
[MUS]
Credits (Two pianos):  DONE!
[MUS]
Run Away / Fugitives (SOLO):  DONE!
[MUS]
Tiny Woods (SOLO):  DONE!
[MUS]
Parting (SOLO):  DONE!
[MUS]

[GB] Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow/Green:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trainer Battle (SOLO):  DONE!
[MUS]

[DS] Pokémon Black/White:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kanto Champion Battle (Two pianos):  DONE!
[MUS]
N's Farewell (SOLO):  DONE!
[MUS]

[TV] Pokémon Anime, Seasons 1-2 (Indigo League):
Kanto Wild Pokémon Battle (Two pianos):  DONE!
[MUS]

[TV] Pokémon Anime, Seasons 3-5 (Johto Journeys):
Johto Wild Pokémon Battle (Two pianos):  DONE!
[MUS]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

spitllama

Bleh when I tried to do the Dialga one they looked like totally different pieces
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Admittedly, the Dialga battle XML turned out real nasty. I'll see if I can do that one myself. There are some XMLs that turned out real nice though, like Great Canyon and Mt. Blaze. Sorry about that  :P MusicXML isn't perfect, unfortunately. It sure beats MIDI by a long shot any day though  :D

Bespinben

8/15 - Started off with doing "Escape Through the Snow".

8/20 - Did "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye".

8/21 - Did N's Farewell.

8/23 (today) - Finished converting Tiny Woods.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All help is welcome! Thank you!

spitllama

Sorry Bespinben I've been getting packed for college and have had only small pockets of free time..

Anyone else wanna help???
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Quote from: spitllama on August 23, 2011, 04:38:21 PMSorry Bespinben I've been getting packed for college
Wow! That's quite funny, since I'm leaving for college in 2 days from now too XD  Freshman powah!!!

EDIT:
8/23 - Finished converting Pokémon RBYG Trainer Battle. Since I got it done, I may as well submit the replacement right away  8)

Bespinben

Here is today's update on PROJECT .MUS:

10/16 - Finished converting "Kanto Champion Battle" from Pokémon BW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All help is welcome!

Bespinben

This was a pain to do but I decided to completely rewrite my Primal Dialga duet in common time (as well as make many other much needed revisions). Here is today's update on PROJECT .MUS:

12/14 - Made the .mus of "Primal Dialga" duet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like I'm getting in the groove of this again :) My "Great Canyon" arrangement for 2 pianos from PMD1 was one of three arrangements I very first put up on my submissions thread back in July, so I thought it was high-time I made the .mus for it.

12/15 - Made the .mus of "Great Canyon" duet. Didn't change much other than the original page layout.

K-NiGhT

I may be able to help soon! I'm getting Finale Songwriter for Christmas :D
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bespinben

That's awesome! Thank you so much :)

Bespinben

12/20 - Finished making the .mus of "Sinister Woods" duet. Had to replace a few jazz articulations present in the original with grace notes since Finale doesn't seem to have a ready-made "scoop" articulation.

12/22 - Made the .mus of "Run Away" from PMD. Made some SERIOUS revisions to the sheet in the process, and is much cleaner now.

Bespinben

1/12 - Just made the .mus for Pokémon Square (solo) from PMD1. Changes made include updated page layout, fixing of rhythm notation errors, and construction of an intricate repeat system.

Raymondbl

err... what am I supposed to do? :/  It looks exactly the same as the PDF... except for the pedal/dynamic overlapping in measure 15 which I don't know how I should fix.

Parting (SOLO) -
~[MUS]

It seems easy enough... and to make matters better I have both Sibelius 7 and Full Finale 2010. 

The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Bespinben

I can't thank you enough Raymond for being the first person who wanted to help me with this. However, as much as I appreciate what you've done, the playback doesn't match the MIDI very well, particularly the tempo.

"Finale doesn't seem to recognize any of the dynamics, tempo markings, or other expressions imported via MusicXML. They will still show up on the score, so when editing the .mus to match the PDF, make sure to edit the expression definition of the expression so that it shows up in the playback."

But thank you so much! Really!

Raymondbl

Ah, I knew something was missing! Didn't really understand when I read the first post. So, I've reworked the dynamics, but when I double click the dynamics and pick the right one the it moves up or down, depending on right or left hand, and moving it back to original position can be difficult.  Is there another way?

Parting (SOLO) -

~[MUS]

^reworked MUS

Also, I'm glad I could help, as I don't seem to be of much use on this forum.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.