Around the Campfire - Story Telling Competition

Started by Ragster2448, August 29, 2011, 12:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tie breaker!

SlowPokemon
Jub3r7

SlowPokemon

Ragster, you should edit the poll to add SFK and Jub (and reset all the votes to zero).

Sooo, feedback, I love both of yours xD. I enjoyed how you both chose to add a tone of silliness in your stories. SFK's had me laughing out loud at several parts.

Jub, I don't know if you did this on purpose, but the dry, Leslie Nielsen-esque humor almost gave it a mocking tone, like you meant it to be a satire at certain parts. I especially like how the title is the same kind of funny, like just "there" in case you want to notice it. The ending was cheesily scary, but in my opinion this would have worked better as a morbidly funny piece than a morbid piece that works in satirical moments; I mean the entire title significance is worked around a morbid pun. If the narrator had just kind of been indifferent to his death, it would have been better in my opinion, but it's still good as it is. Yours is my favorite of the other four (I won't be voting for myself anymore because I think Ragster was right, we shouldn't :P).

I feel overshadowed because everyone's stories are so much longer... I wrote mine in like less than half an hour xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ragster2448

Alright, don't expect me to do this again. The round was over, but I'll reset the votes to 0. I just don't know if people who originally voted will come back and vote again.

Also, we're going to test something this next round. You'll send me the story you wrote in a PM, then I'll post them on the thread when the round finishes. It'll be just a test, then we'll see if we like it or not and decide to either continue the idea or trash it.

SlowPokemon

Okay, but you shouldn't let us know when you post them whose they are. Ex. Story 1, 2, etc., so we don't feel obliged to vote for someone in particular.

Ragster2448

Huh! I'm sure glad you guys can think of these ideas right off the top of your heads, because I would never be able to come up with this stuff. We'll try that next round also.

Jub3r7

We're tied, slow! :O

Also, I loved the way SFK wrote his story, but I'm keeping my vote on slow.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

I'm keeping on Jub, lol. So it wouldn't matter even if we'd both keep our votes on ourselves. xD So Clanker voted for himself, then?

Ragster2448

It seems we have a tie! Well, I guess it's up to you guys, do you want to do a tie breaker or just leave it as a tie?

If no one responds I'll post the next genre to do tonight (well, my tonight, so in a few hours) and start the next round.

SlowPokemon

We know it was a tie, so ours were both winners, but I think we should do a tiebreaker (like random.org) just for fun! :D If Jub is okay with it, that is.

Dudeman

I voted for Clanker. Seriously! I thought his was the scariest!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Ragster2448

Clanker's was kind of freaky :P

The tie breaker has started! Let's get to voting. This will decide the winner.

SlowPokemon

Ragster2448

Whoops, forgot to close it yesterday. SlowPokemon and Jub3r7 are both the winners, but SlowPokemon comes in first place in the tie breaker. Therefore SlowPokemon has written the most scariest story! I'd give you an award if I had one, BUT, anyway, let the next round start! This time, when you write the story you must send it to me in a PM. I'll then post them not under your name, but under a certain number. I'll then reveal who the winning number is.

The next genre is Action! I'm talking super heros, explosions, villians, explosions, fast cars, and EXPLOSIONS! Well you get the idea. Pretty much a comic book in all words.

Ragster2448

Well, there doesn't seem to be much activity. :(

Should I post-pone this game until summer or something when we have more free time? Or did everyone just forget about it and I should have another week of submission?

SlowPokemon

I don't like the genre, I'm not very good at it. I did forget about it but I probably won't write an entry.