News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Arrangement contests - brainstorming topic

Started by Cobraroll, August 29, 2011, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exams are coming! When will you be finished?

Earlier than May 10
7 (36.8%)
May 10 - May 20
3 (15.8%)
May 21 - May 31
4 (21.1%)
June 1 - June 10
2 (10.5%)
After June 10
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Cobraroll

^We are!

If you could send a PM to the judgrors containing a quotable paragraph with YouTube links to some of the examples we talked about, that would be awesome. I'll clean up the rules, make an introductionary paragraph, and the topic could be up today.

Who's excited for this?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Raymondbl

The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Olimar12345

Just found the song I'm going to do. This is going to be awesome!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 13, 2012, 02:36:14 PMOk, so we have waltz and polyphony/counterpoint to choose from. I think the latter would be more fun to do, but not this early in trying to get the game organized. We'd want something simple to make sure we all know how the game works, judging, rules, etc. Plus with something as complicated as combine two themes is, it may be a bit much for right now.

I was fiddling around on the piano today when I happened to realize that "In the Hands of Fate" from PMD2 and the Zelda: OoT "Title Theme" used practically the same chord progression, so I fleshed out my ideas and made something of a PMD medley accompanied by the left hand of the OoT Title Theme (and right occasionally). I even came up with a spoof game this song would belong to! (see below) Just thought I'd post this here since it could be a good example of combining two themes (in this case, the Ocarina of Time Title Theme with various tunes from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon).

[GBA/DS/N64] The Legend of Ninetales: Pokéflute of Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Title Theme" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Correct topic. If you read what I was quoting, you'd see it was Maestro deciding whether to do the "waltz" theme (which we're currently doing now), or the "counterpoint/polyphony" theme. My post above was to give an example of the possibilities that lay for us in our next arrangement contest, should we choose to go with the "counterpoint/polyphony" theme. This is the brainstorming topic after all.

Olimar12345

Oh, snap-I didn't even see your quote! my bad. Its just that you posted the exact same "I was fiddling around on my piano..." post elsewhere in the forums.

Bespinben

Not the exact same, I added a couple extra sentences at the end for relevence to this topic, but I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

MaestroUGC

Less than five days left! Now's the time to make your final adjustments and turn them in; don't risk missing the deadline, any product is better than no product. Don't forget that you must place your ID number in the "Arranged by" space, and turn in your submissions to Cobra, not me or the other judgrors. The clock is ticking...

Bespinben

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 13, 2012, 06:25:55 PMLess than five days left! Now's the time to make your final adjustments and turn them in; don't risk missing the deadline, any product is better than no product. Don't forget that you must place your ID number in the "Arranged by" space, and turn in your submissions to Cobra, not me or the other judgrors. The clock is ticking...

Lol, wrong topic Maestro. Post that in the "grand dance" thread.

MaestroUGC

Olimar12345

Bespinben

I dunno if you guys are still worn out from having just finished the Waltz contest, but as for me, I'm already stoked for Arrangement Contest 3! I'm hoping everyone still wants to do "theme combination/counterpoint/polyphony".

MaestroUGC

I think that would be good, but let's wait until may-ish, since that's around when most of us will have summer break.