News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Arrangement contests - brainstorming topic

Started by Cobraroll, August 29, 2011, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exams are coming! When will you be finished?

Earlier than May 10
7 (36.8%)
May 10 - May 20
3 (15.8%)
May 21 - May 31
4 (21.1%)
June 1 - June 10
2 (10.5%)
After June 10
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Cobraroll

^ Yes, you can. Your piece will be judgred by the other judgrors.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Cobraroll

Double post!

Anyway, I'm discussing deadlines with the judgrors now. We know that exams are coming up for many of you, and deadlines should account for this, but we don't know when people will be busy.

Thus, we ask you: When is your last exam this year?

Poll up.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

insaneintherain

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 01, 2012, 12:58:20 AMDouble post!

Anyway, I'm discussing deadlines with the judgrors now. We know that exams are coming up for many of you, and deadlines should account for this, but we don't know when people will be busy.

Thus, we ask you: When is your last exam this year?

Poll up.
Thank you for this poll. I really think that'll help all of us have a better time period to work on these pieces.

Since I'm only in Middle School (currently) all I have are a few MSP tests this week and next, and a Geometry EOC sometime in June, but the June one is hilariously easy.

SlowPokemon

I see "earlier than May10" is winning, but my last ones are the week of the 20th~25th...so I won't be able to do really earlier than that...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Whatever wins the poll doesn't really matter, we most likely won't start until the last date people vote for. If you're done with school before that, it really doesn't make a difference if we start later.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Shadoninja

How about one where the contestants choose one of the post groups (with exception to Blank Manuscript Paper and Video Game Midi) and interpret it musically. If necessary, they could be split up between entire series ("Kirby Chorale", "Pokemon Polka", etc.) and specific in-game whatchamacallits ("Epona Elegy", "Ordon Overture", Etc.)

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

That is actually a REALLY cool idea. Me groosta.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Shadoninja

How bout one where you pick a few songs from a soundtrack and make medley-style credits music

Super Mario RPG

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen

Jub3r7

QuoteHow about one where the contestants choose one of the post groups (with exception to Blank Manuscript Paper and Video Game Midi) and interpret it musically. If necessary, they could be split up between entire series ("Kirby Chorale", "Pokemon Polka", etc.) and specific in-game whatchamacallits ("Epona Elegy", "Ordon Overture", Etc.)

[MUS]
Aw darn, I made this before I noticed the exceptions. :(
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Shadoninja

film music contest

take 1 or more songs from a game and arrange music for a scene as if that game was made into a movie.

contestants have to write a scenario. cutscene music that already exists can be integrated but not copied directly.

Example: Chrono Symphonic

(slow would love this)

Shadoninja

Musicals

same idea as film music but in the style of a musical with lyrics and such.

Yugi

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 19, 2012, 12:42:01 PMHow bout one where you pick a few songs from a soundtrack and make medley-style credits music

Super Mario RPG

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen
That is a good Idea, maybe have whole series instead of individual games though.

Shadoninja

Quote from: SocialFox on December 09, 2012, 08:08:01 PMThat is a good Idea, maybe have whole series instead of individual games though.
That might end up being too convoluted unless a person chooses a trilogy. It's certainly an option if people want to do it but I think we should stick to a single game's music.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Shadoninja on May 26, 2012, 08:02:09 PMHow about one where the contestants choose one of the post groups (with exception to Blank Manuscript Paper and Video Game Midi) and interpret it musically. If necessary, they could be split up between entire series ("Kirby Chorale", "Pokemon Polka", etc.) and specific in-game whatchamacallits ("Epona Elegy", "Ordon Overture",
Pic

I'm still in favor of this idea.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!