News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Regular People's Music Topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, September 06, 2011, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triforced1

We're playing Seven Nation Army in band. It sounds meh.

SuperFireKirby

Seven Nation Army= The only song ever made by The White Stripes, according to every radio station ever.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 07, 2011, 04:12:59 PMSeven Nation Army= The only song ever made by The White Stripes, according to every radio station ever.
LAME.

Jack White is amazing. I love him in The Racanteurs!!!

I also just love Elephant. The Hardest Button to Button was pretty amazing!

Winter

Quote from: triforced1 on September 07, 2011, 01:30:15 PMI stumbled upon that video a couple months ago. Doesn't make much sense.
I really like Modest Mouse. I was on a craze a while back where all I listened to was Dashboard xD

I remember when i lived in Alaska, and that was the only album i owned for a few months.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: DrP on September 07, 2011, 04:23:44 PMLAME.

Jack White is amazing. I love him in The Racanteurs!!!

I also just love Elephant. The Hardest Button to Button was pretty amazing!
INDEED. I personally don't like Hardest Button to Button all that much compared to most of the other songs on Elephant though. Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine is my personal favorite song on the album.

Elephant is my favorite album by them, but that might be because I don't own White Blood Cells of De Stilj which, according to most fans, are both better than Elephant. They both also coincidentally cost like $18 each at my local record store.

Quote from: Winter on September 07, 2011, 10:12:47 PMI remember when i lived in Alaska, and that was the only album i owned for a few months.
No music access in Alaska?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Winter

Yeah. My mom ended up mailing me some of my old music, and I would play discs on my PS2 :)

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 08, 2011, 03:40:12 AMINDEED. I personally don't like Hardest Button to Button all that much compared to most of the other songs on Elephant though. Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine is my personal favorite song on the album.

Elephant is my favorite album by them, but that might be because I don't own White Blood Cells of De Stilj which, according to most fans, are both better than Elephant. They both also coincidentally cost like $18 each at my local record store.
No music access in Alaska?

I haz De Stijl!!!!

Ragster2448

Here's the best musicians in MY opinion:

Best Guitarist: Angus Young (This isn't the one I saw when they came here to Kentucky, but it's still awesome.)
Best Bassist: Geddy Lee (He didn't do many bass solos when I got to see him... :'()
Best Drummer: Buddy Rich (I would of loved to have been able to see him. He's one of my inspirations.)

Voice wise, I really don't have favorites... Maybe John Fogerty?

SuperFireKirby

lol Angus Young? Best guitarist? lololol.

Someone need moar Hendrix/Page/Clapton/White/Allman in his playlist. Angus Yound is pretty good but their are tons of better guitarists out there. Such as the one I just mentioned who are leagues better than him. Also, John Fogerty was a really good guitarist too. Also better than Mr. Young.

Geddy Lee I can totally agree with for best bassist. He's insane.

Best Drummer IMO is Neal Peart tho.

Ragster2448

Well, we all have our other opinions. I've never been a big fan of Jimi Hendrix (Smack me if you must), Jimmy Page is pretty awesome (John Bonham would also be one of my top favorite drummers), Eric Clapton is also great, I've not listened to many White Stripes songs, and I really like the Allman brothers.

For the drummer, Neil Peart is a VERY close second for me, just because Buddy Rich was his inspiration, and that Buddy Rich can do pretty much what Neil Peart can do on a smaller drum set. I'm not saying I don't like Neil Peart, he is one of the world's greatest drummers, I'm just saying that I think Buddy Rich is just a tad better.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Ragster2448 on September 08, 2011, 03:43:07 PMWell, we all have our other opinions. I've never been a big fan of Jimi Hendrix (Smack me if you must), Jimmy Page is pretty awesome (John Bonham would also be one of my top favorite drummers), Eric Clapton is also great, I've not listened to many White Stripes songs, and I really like the Allman brothers.

For the drummer, Neil Peart is a VERY close second for me, just because Buddy Rich was his inspiration, and that Buddy Rich can do pretty much what Neil Peart can do on a smaller drum set. I'm not saying I don't like Neil Peart, he is one of the world's greatest drummers, I'm just saying that I think Buddy Rich is just a tad better.
Yeah, I haven't really listened to much a Buddy Rich, so I really can't have too much of an opinion on him.

Also, my friend had me listen to a Black Keys album today. The music was good, but what was really amazing was that the album went into the cd player black and grey and came out mostly white. I thought that was awesome.

SuperFireKirby

Anyone else listen to Florence + The Machine? Just stumbled upon them a few days ago and I personally think they are quite good

SuperFireKirby

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

GaryOak

I used to buy a lot of cds and LPs back then but when I got into nerdy music I stopped buying anything. But I have all cds&LPs of Bruce Springsteen, Michael Jackson, Dire Straits and Chris Rea and I still like to listen to those. There was also a time when I mainly listened to guitar-stuff like Van Halen, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jeff Beck, Tommy Emmanuel etc. I love Eddie's guitar sound, Vai has awkwardly long fingers, Yngwie is lol, Jeff is cool and Tommy is a beast.

I mainly dislike Finnish music but I like The Crash.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary