News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Professor Layton

Started by SlowPokemon, September 14, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite minigame? (Diabolical Box version)

Hamster
Camera
Tea Set

Bubbles

Did you buy all the extra cases too? The way the last one ended leaves it open for more cases or even a sequel.

But yeah it was amazing, especially since I wasn't really expecting much.

Pit0010

Yeah...I think the last one opens for another sequel or case files.
Knowing Level 5 who is very good at that :p

Yeah I bought files 3-9
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

SlowPokemon

Tbh I didn't like the first two cases enough to buy the other ones. It's okay, but it's not Professor Layton.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: DonValentino on July 04, 2013, 08:55:22 AMhttp://otaku.com/products/36626

Just in case someone is interested.

I have translated the list of pieces in this book, based on the table of contents shown:

1. Theme of Professor Layton
2. Theme of the Diabolical Box
3. Theme of the Last Time Travel
4. Theme of the Devil's Flute
5. Theme of the Mask of Miracle
6. Theme of the Legacy of Supercivilization A
7. London 3
8. Walking in the Town*

The last one says "Walking in the Town ~ (Japanese stuff)" and I'm not quite sure what it means. As far as what those are in English:

1. Professor Layton's Theme
2. The Elysian Box Theme
3. The Unwound Future
4. The Last Specter's Theme
5. Mask of Miracles Theme
6. Unknown, but likely "The Azran Legacy Theme" or something similar
7. More London Streets
8. About Town (again, idk the second part)

Nebbles

Oh man, the Last Specter's Theme is my favorite. I'd love to learn that on piano one day...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bubbles

I hope the sheets are identical to the songs. I bought the official Zelda one, and the songs had the basic tune in it but whoever arranged it added their own little flairs to the pieces. I just wanted to play the song I knew, and ended up just taking the sheets off of here instead :P

SlowPokemon

Well they're pieces, not songs (I know it sounds pretentious but music teachers will yell at you xD) and in addition that was published by Nintendo and this has a different publisher.

That site also has as a sample a page of the diabolical box theme, so you can play that and see how you like it. I would imagine they'd have to be decent arrangements.

Pit0010

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 15, 2013, 07:24:48 AMTbh I didn't like the first two cases enough to buy the other ones. It's okay, but it's not Professor Layton.

Well...I thought the way of game play and novel suited very well to each other.

Yeah of course it's not Professor Layton...it's a murder case style ;)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

DonValentino

"LAYTON 7 is a puzzle game for the new generation that follows in the footsteps of the PROFESSOR LAYTON series, which has now shipped over 15 million units worldwide. Players take on various character roles; you may be a taxi driver, a young boy, a dog, a fine lady, a philanthropist, an elderly man, or even a zombie. The player will earn points as they fulfill a given role. But, what is the role of these characters? And what is the greater meaning of these roles to begin with? The latest title in the LAYTON series is shrouded in mystery and is about to begin! The game is being developed for Nintendo 3DS and iOS / Android devices as part of our UNIPLAY line-up. Release date has yet to be determined."

Source

Meh... I'm not as excited as I imagined. New Layton games are not a big announcement for me anymore. Still, I'm eager to see what they will do with the series after the two trilogies.

EDIT: A zombie. WTF

blueflower999

...I don't know what to think about this.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

It'll probably be more like Mystery Room :P but hey it's bound to at least be good if not as good as the first seven games.

blueflower999

Last Specter had a gorgeous ending. Not quite Diabolical Box or Unwound Future, but better than Curious Village, and I thought that it was justified because it was the first game in the trilogy and they put a ton of effort into the puzzles and London Life. I'm impressed.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

Fun Fact, Last Specter was the game I was severely underwhelmed by.

blueflower999

That's because it's the 4th game in the series and you didn't play through it until the end.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bubbles

It still made me cry, plus it introduced one of my favorite characters (Descole)