News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Great NSM Novel

Started by SlowPokemon, September 18, 2011, 05:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

The Great NSM Novel
By Jordan Knapp

GUYS I AM WRITING THIS AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME. >:(

CAST OF CHARACTERS (LET'S HOPE I HAVE TIME TO USE EVERYONE)

SlowPokemon ~ "What?" you say. "He's incorporating himself? That's kind of narcissistic..." Well get over it; this is the guy who brought you the Strange Boy after all. An awkward but likable fifteen-year-old boy who struggles to do well in most situations.

Nebbles ~ A plucky seventeen-year-old girl who is a budding artist and writer.

Jub3r7 ~ A fifteen-year-old who, despite his somewhat young age, is quite insightful and clever.

Mashi ~ A highly intelligent fifteen-year-old whose emotions are never worn on his sleeve.

ETFROXX ~ A deviously funny, smart and kindhearted (if somewhat melodramatic) seventeen-year-old who has more husbands than she can count. She can draw rather well, as well as write, but has issues with deadlines.

Roz~ ~ an intelligent nineteen-year-old. She knows how things work and isn't afraid to tell you you're wrong. ETF's wifey.

KefkaticFanatic ~ Intelligent eighteen-year old who always speaks the truth—and that includes the harsh ones.

Shadoninja ~ everybody's favorite random AZN.

SuperFireKirby ~ A funny and slightly insane seventeen-year-old who often tends to be overlooked for some reason. One of ETFROXX's husbands.

Winter ~ A nice and likable seventeen-year-old guy who is somewhat reckless.

Dude ~ A twenty-year-old who is just generally a really cool guy.

Ruto ~ A college student who has great artistic abilities. She is Saria's older sister.

Saria ~ A wicked and deceptively adorable young girl. Despite getting jealous and angry whenever SlowPokemon so much at looks at another female, she doesn't appear to like him a ton. She is Ruto's younger sister.

Fingerz ~ A really nice, albeit somewhat naïve, sixteen-year old boy.

Dr. Pamplemousse ~ The local grapefruit doctor A friendly college student who has some pretty strong opinions.

Dahans ~ a nice, and very confident, eighteen-year-old who enjoys arranging. He has a soft spot for Ruto.

Harvest ~ A college student and druggie who resides in an abandoned apartment.

Ragster ~ A fourteen-year-old with a passion for writing--and for Treecko.

JaMaHa ~ The town mayor, fresh out of the service, who is good in a crisis.

Concerto No. 20 in D Minor ~ A young city official who has recently gone missing.

Sipan1234 ~ A teenaged boy (the exact age is not too clear) who has trouble speaking English. Everyone in town suspects a relationship with TalesEXLife, but neither will confirm—or, at least, no one has been able to understand a confirmation.

TalesEXLife ~ The foreigner who relies on Sipan1234 for any contact, seeing as no one else understands anything he says.

Zeta ~ A mechanical fortune-teller inside a booth located in the town plaza.

Raymondbl ~ a twelve-year-old troll who was once banished from the town of NSM. Filled with hatred for the city and its inhabitants, he swore revenge before bursting into tears and departing.

TheLegend ~ a young newcomer to town. His horribly sensitive skin condition requires him to wear a mask when in public.

PROLOGUE
A Somewhat Beautiful Day

It was a beautiful day in the town of NSM. Kind of. Well, okay, it wasn't all that beautiful. It was kind of beautiful... I mean, it depends on what you consider to be beautiful... beauty is after all in the...eye of... uhh...

Aw, screw it.

It was pouring. The worst thunderstorm ever recorded in history. Ever. Dispute this fact and you will die; it's the truth.

The rain fiercely pounded overhead as Nebbles attempted to ignore it and clear her mind. She was working on her latest creepypasta. It involved giant scissors, a horrifying torture device, a particularly nasty piece of licorice, a red canoe, and a rubber duck. She found it difficult to write with the rain pounding on her roof. Suddenly, an enormous crack of thunder roared, startling Nebbles and causing her to drag her pen across the page.

"Screw it," she muttered and huddled beneath her blanket. "Stupid storm."

Not only was it freezing and pouring out, she was out of honey and tea. It was not a good idea to cross Nebbles when she was out of honey and tea. She would have trained her newly caught shiny Giratina, but her DS was out of power and the AC adapter was nowhere to be found.

"This sucks," she moped, collapsing and feeling rather melodramatic. Little did she know things were about to get far less boring; in fact, exciting. The only problem was, things were going to get a bit too exciting...

Table of Contents (please read in this order):
Chapter 2: A Party of Sorts
Chapter 3: A Backups Plan
Chapter 4: Dude, Where's my Clue?
Chapter 5: A Winter is You!
Chapter 6: Slow News Day
Chapter 7: Mashed Jubtatoes
Chapter 8: Nothing?
Chapter 9: Further Interrogations, Part I
Chapter 10: Further Interrogations, Part II
Chapter 11: Further Interrogations, Part III
Chapter 12: Further Interrogations, Part IV and The Arrest

Chapter 13: Tinychat Bar, Part I
Chapter 1: Three Days Earlier
Chapter 14: Tinychat Bar, Part II
Chapter 15: Unleashing the Monster
Chapter 16: Defeating the Monster
Chapter 17: Jerry Deduces
Chapter 18: The Great Arrogant King
Chapter 19: A Piece of Blue
Chapter 20: The Rescue
Epilogue: An Update
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

This is A+++++++++.

It will be nice to see how your writing prowess will incorporate us into hypothetical scenarios within a fictional text, discerning how you view all of us as a flourishing community!

Nebbles

....Slow, have I ever told you that I love you? XD

And that pasta I'm writing sounds beautiful.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FallenPianist

SlowPokemon

How did I know this was gonna happen? Look, you guys are gonna be in it, I just didn't include you on the characters list. ;P don't fret. I didn't forget about you. There are others as well, like Brassman and Fabbemannen and Clanker, I just didn't want the characters list to be even longer. Sorry.

SuperFireKirby

This is awesome. Slow, you so silly.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Thanks! S'okay, you're insane. :)

Ruto

Lololol at the character descriptions, particular at Ray's/Legend's and Sipan's. I want moar :D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

triforced1

You need to have that Popo guy that was on here a couple weeks ago.

GaryOak

Normally I wouldn't read things like this but...

Sipan1234 ~ A teenaged boy (the exact age is not too clear) who has trouble speaking English. Everyone in town suspects a relationship with TalesEXLife, but neither will confirmâ€"or, at least, no one has been able to understand a confirmation.

TalesEXLife ~ The foreigner who relies on Sipan1234 for any contact, seeing as no one else understands anything he says.

...now I just have to.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Cobraroll

I want to be the overly productive and persistent author who continues to write lots of mediocre stuff even though nobody reads it. Could I get that role?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Clanker37

I know that this is going to be good. I will love this story as a proud BETA Character.

Ragster2448

This will be awesome! Nice idea Slow.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 18, 2011, 05:08:49 PMRagster ~ A fourteen-year-old with a passion for writing--and for Treecko.

Perfect. 8)

EFitTrainr

Hey slow, i want to be on the character list.
I like food.