News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

I was at the Evolution conference and wowie was it exhausting. It was good, I learned a lot and met a lot of cool people, but...
5 days of learning a computer program 9-5
1 day of rest
4 days in which I attended almost 80 talks
:')

Also yes, breathing life into the forums would be good. I've been trying (obvs not very hard if I'm disappearing like that) to up my post count from when I was exclusively on Discord with the exception of banning bots here.

Also also, are we not going to talk about
Quote from: A# Minor on June 15, 2023, 01:12:54 PMSo, I have an alternate life in my dreams.
this?? This sounds crazy and incredible and wacky, just having an entirely second life in your dreams :o Do these dreams happen every night?

also my condolences for running out of air
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

A# Minor

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 03, 2023, 11:17:09 AMAlso also, are we not going to talk about this?? This sounds crazy and incredible and wacky, just having an entirely second life in your dreams :o Do these dreams happen every night?

also my condolences for running out of air

XD yeah it's really weird. But there's no actual frequency, they just happen whenever they want to. Usually when I stay up really late. Had one last night after staying up until 5 am :O
Also, last night I tried to get on my phone and look this forum up, and it wouldn't work. HAHA! GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM!!

I would be dead after that conference too. XD
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Latios212

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 02, 2023, 03:54:58 AMNah, the forum started going mostly inactive before I even left. I'd love to breath life back into it, hut most people aren't too interested in forums anymore. They prefer to just use Discord servers and such. Which I totally understand, there's a lot of convenience in it. But I feel there's just a certain charm and certain types of interactions that can only happen on a forum. I don't think that's something that should be lost. Even if we're the only two consistently active members, it's at least something.
It is nice to have different ways of communicating, especially for those who don't have the time to be terminally online anymore :3 Social media shifts as it will... but for the time being the forums are here for you to use just like the old days! I probably should say something outside of the arrangement and submission boards too, it has been a while.

Hello new faces I haven't gotten to know yet ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: A# Minor on July 03, 2023, 11:47:46 AMXD yeah it's really weird. But there's no actual frequency, they just happen whenever they want to. Usually when I stay up really late. Had one last night after staying up until 5 am :O
Also, last night I tried to get on my phone and look this forum up, and it wouldn't work. HAHA! GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM!!

I would be dead after that conference too. XD

Oh the days of staying up until the sun came up for not-work reasons X)
But yes, phone screens never work in dreams! Same with light switches and any printed material. That last one is a cue I used to use to let me know I was dreaming so I could go lucid.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

A# Minor

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 04, 2023, 07:06:16 AMOh the days of staying up until the sun came up for not-work reasons X)
But yes, phone screens never work in dreams! Same with light switches and any printed material. That last one is a cue I used to use to let me know I was dreaming so I could go lucid.

For some reason I actually freak out if I'm still awake and the sun is rising XD (by "freak out" I mean something more like "get nervous and wonder why I'm still awake")
Well, that explains why my apartment lights are always on. I've also noticed that the sun isn't really as bright when I look into it. It just kinda dims itself. But I have been able to read books, I just don't remember a word of what I've read when I get up
Edit: Forgot to mention earlier that I always have those dreams when I have something scheduled to happen on a certain day, like that gig I have on Wednesday night or something (or the extra sax reeds that came in yesterday—I had to order more because half of the last ones didn't work!!). And clocks don't work too, so if I have to go somewhere, I just kinda drive there and I'm somehow always a bit early.  :o
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: A# Minor on July 04, 2023, 08:35:36 AMWell, that explains why my apartment lights are always on.
I was confused if this was the dream world or not; if not, I was gonna say just turn off the light if you don't want to be up until 5a. I used to be a severe night owl and then stopped using most lights at night, and that caused my sleep schedule to shift greatly.

ANYway, the clocks thing sounds completely standard fare for dreams X) never thought about instruments n peripheral equipment not working as it should. You DID get a refund on those reeds, right?

EDIT: Unrelated, but new sig wooooo
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

A# Minor

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 05, 2023, 11:00:35 PMI was confused if this was the dream world or not; if not, I was gonna say just turn off the light if you don't want to be up until 5a. I used to be a severe night owl and then stopped using most lights at night, and that caused my sleep schedule to shift greatly.

ANYway, the clocks thing sounds completely standard fare for dreams X) never thought about instruments n peripheral equipment not working as it should. You DID get a refund on those reeds, right?

EDIT: Unrelated, but new sig wooooo

No worries, it's very confusing for me, too. This is the dream world; I'm 13 in real life...
If I turn any lights on at night, I wake up completely. And I already have trouble sleeping because my brain won't shut off XD

I would be super creeped out if time was a thing there. Although I think the time there is either 12 hours ahead or 12 hours behind, but I really don't wanna know for sure. And yes, I got a refund :)

Oh cool! I like
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: A# Minor on July 05, 2023, 11:08:30 PMI would be super creeped out if time was a thing there. Although I think the time there is either 12 hours ahead or 12 hours behind, but I really don't wanna know for sure. And yes, I got a refund :)

I'd guess it depends on relative time awareness for the person dreaming. Me, I have pretty bad time blindness, so time isn't much of a concept in my dreamscape.

Also the quote is from World of Goo, amazing game 10/10 for anyone wondering
(It was also my senior quote back in HS)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

A# Minor

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 05, 2023, 11:11:34 PMI'd guess it depends on relative time awareness for the person dreaming. Me, I have pretty bad time blindness, so time isn't much of a concept in my dreamscape.

Also the quote is from World of Goo, amazing game 10/10 for anyone wondering
(It was also my senior quote back in HS)

I'm usually pretty good with time (I usually wake up a few minutes before my alarm unless I stay up late, like I'm doing now), so I guess my brain doesn't want to come up with all of that extra stuff. Come on, you know I don't like plot holes! XD

Nah, exact times aren't really in my dreams, either. I mean, you can look at the sun, but sometimes I just want to curl up and play a game and just forget about the time.
Oh, and in case you're curious, I have a job in my dreams, but I go to work when my real self is awake. (I don't remember where I work at XD) I did that on purpose so I don't have to just dream myself at work.
I also do this when I have surgeries or other bad stuff, because I don't need to dream myself in pain. B)

Edit: "World of Goo" rings a bell...

Edit 2: wow, apparently I'm -987 years old... I guess I really am a time traveler
(I just fixed it)
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Anyone ever have one of those moments of realization that just rocks you to your core and leaves you with the wind knocked out of you for a while?

Yeah I had one of those earlier this morning, perhaps one of the biggest I've had in my life, and now I'm just sitting here trying to take all of it in while trying to figure out the best way moving forward.

Long and short of it is, I've been stuck in "survival mode" all of my life bc of how I was raised, and as a result, I don't know anything about who I really am because it's all been hidden behind this survival mode defense mechanism. Also some of it was inherited, not just how I was overtly taught (or otherwise) to be.

Woooooo being an adult trying to figure things out essentially on your own because you were given mostly nonexamples growing up is a fun time.

EDIT: Man, I've been off of Discord for less than a day and I'm already having realizations like this. Two months of this and I'll be completely unrecognizable upon my return.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 10, 2023, 02:47:36 PMEDIT: Man, I've been off of Discord for less than a day and I'm already having realizations like this. Two months of this and I'll be completely unrecognizable upon my return.
Like Gandalf, Gadd will return from his battle with the Balrog with shiny new robes and a new outlook on life :D
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 10, 2023, 02:47:36 PMEDIT: Man, I've been off of Discord for less than a day and I'm already having realizations like this. Two months of this and I'll be completely unrecognizable upon my return.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 24, 2009, 02:56:04 PMEnough drugs, brah.

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]