Cosplay/Costume Help

Started by MassiveMayhem, October 23, 2011, 09:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MassiveMayhem

Hey guys, this thread is for anyone making cosplay costumes and who need help with them.  I'm trying to make a backpack that mimics Finn's from Adventure Time.  My girlfriend and I are going as Finn and Fionna and we need help making the backpack.  Their backpacks are the same.  Anyone have any ideas?

Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Cobraroll

Any pictures from behind would be helpful...

Also, I think you can use steel wire sewn into the fabric to shape the backpack the way you want. And remember to put silly amounts of padding on the shoulder straps, then you'll do fine.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: Cobraroll on October 23, 2011, 11:29:20 AMAny pictures from behind would be helpful...
Couldn't find any pictures from behind.

Ruto

Get a real backpack to see how the straps should go. The bag itself looks like it's almost a dome shape so trying to cut a pattern for that seems hard. The only time I'm seen a bag that could possibly be a dome shape when you fill it all the way is this one here at the bottom: http://badgirlbutnice.blogspot.com/2011/04/kecomelan-yang-cukup-memberikan.html

I think stuffing the bag is a good idea.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: Ruto on October 23, 2011, 04:08:21 PMI think stuffing the bag is a good idea.
Then where would I keep my sword?!  I guess that's a possibility if the steel wire doesn't succeed. Thanks c: