News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Finale Help Topic

Started by Ragster2448, October 30, 2011, 02:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

i might as well ask questions if this is the thread for it. i'm using songwriter 2010 and i can't find the fermata or the pedal thingies! HALPZ PL0X!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Olimar12345

Should be in the articulation tool.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Ragster2448

Does anybody know how to have a quarter note play at the same time as a 16th note is playing on one measure (like a 16th note playing with a quarter note at the same time)? I've seen it done before so I know that it's possible.

spitllama

Use different layers, like GoronsOrchestrated uses three of them in his "balled of the goddesses" piece. It pretty much lets you use the measure a second time, disregarding what you had before. Either click the small numbers in the corner, or select Alt + Shift + #

Where # is whatever layer you want: 1-4
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MassiveMayhem

How do you put in "red notes"?  I used to know but I completely forgot.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Bespinben

Red notes are just the color used for the notes of "Layer 2".
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MassiveMayhem

I'm relativity new to Finale, how exactly do you put notes into layer 2?

Bespinben

At the bottom, left-hand corner of the screen, there should be four buttons: "1", "2", "3", and "4". Click on one of these numbers to enter notes into that layer.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

spitllama

Or

Quote from: spitllama on December 22, 2011, 03:00:43 PMselect Alt + Shift + # where # is whatever layer you want: 1-4
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fingerz

I have a problem! I'm using Finale 2011 and when I go to playback and the song starts playing, the green bar to show me where it's up to doesn't show. Help? :(
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Shadoninja

Quote from: fingerz on December 23, 2011, 05:50:55 PMI have a problem! I'm using Finale 2011 and when I go to playback and the song starts playing, the green bar to show me where it's up to doesn't show. Help? :(

in playback settings, make sure scrolling playback is checked.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

MassiveMayhem

Finale won't playback the song? I'm not sure what's going on, at first I thought it was a dead link, but it does this for all songs...

Dudeman

Check your sound settings on your computer. Sometimes if you listen to an mp3, the midi mutes itself, and you have to turn that back up.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: Dudeman on January 01, 2012, 11:16:33 AMCheck your sound settings on your computer. Sometimes if you listen to an mp3, the midi mutes itself, and you have to turn that back up.
No, it's just Finale.  Finale Reader plays fine. I'm not sure what I did, I was trying to set up my new MIDI chord after fixing it (my dog chewed it up the day I got it.).  I must of changed something?