News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Mario Kart Wii

Started by musicguy49, February 23, 2008, 10:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zahndy

Quote from: ZnD on April 16, 2008, 07:58:00 AMvvv
how many tricks did you peformed?
i did 1430
distance travellded 1036, wiiwheel usage rate 100%
and that video of yours...weird success...
please delete this account

DrHectic

You play too much man :O

Quote from: gamer4251 on April 16, 2008, 07:10:18 AMHaha, thats because they purposely killed snaking to keep the cheating scum that used it at bay.  It completely ruined the online play of Mario Kart DS ya know.

Snaking isn't cheating, it needs skill! And how else were you meant to get those 3-star ratings in the cups? You can't get good lap times without snaking :P

Dude

I hope this is sorta like MKDS, that way I would beat everyone ;D
ZnD you better watch out!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: DrHectic on April 16, 2008, 10:54:46 PMSnaking isn't cheating, it needs skill! And how else were you meant to get those 3-star ratings in the cups? You can't get good lap times without snaking :P
Heh, funny joke.  Snaking was never meant to be in the game, it is an EXPLOIT.  An exploit is using some sort of flaw or bug in the game  to your advantage, in this case the ability to powerslide multiple times on a straightaway.  Any REAL good player of Mario Kart will tell you that snaking is a low, low method that no real legit player would use.

me irl
[close]

Shiny Boy

I'll probably get this game eventually, but now I'm right in the middle (beginning actually) of Tales of Symphonia, as well has having more Brawl stuff to do, and getting 121 Stars in Galaxy. So I'm pretty well booked.
But if there's no drifting (or speedometer)...I might wait for it to come down to $20.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

Linky

Quote from: Silence of Darkness on April 17, 2008, 08:15:43 AMI'll probably get this game eventually, but now I'm right in the middle (beginning actually) of Tales of Symphonia, as well has having more Brawl stuff to do, and getting 121 Stars in Galaxy. So I'm pretty well booked.
But if there's no drifting (or speedometer)...I might wait for it to come down to $20.
ToS ftw :D
And there is drifting, altho it's different from MKDS because you will get the miniboost after a while of drifting, instead of pressing left right left (or right left right) on your control stick.

zahndy

Quote from: ZnD on April 16, 2008, 01:53:51 PM
Me getting 7777 Race Rating.

Me getting 8888 Race Rating.

Me beating 9981 noob.  :)

More crap.

Overall Rank D 'cause I only play online for now.
holy wow...
i suck

Jamaha

Quote from: Linky on April 17, 2008, 10:04:16 AMAnd there is drifting, altho it's different from MKDS because you will get the miniboost after a while of drifting, instead of pressing left right left (or right left right) on your control stick.

What? You don't need to wiggle the controller left and right to get the boost?

Interesting.

ZnD

But you have to wait for the blue sparks. Crap.

zahndy

or the yellow sparks
mkwii friend codes, anyone¿?
mine = 3866-8153-9547 :D

9:50pm i just had a really strange something...
on the beach with those weird ducks, i was drowning an fliying away with bulletbill at the same time (o.O)

zahndy

150cc is hard.
i got all gold in 50cc, 100cc and the first cup of 150cc

DrHectic

The sparks you get from drifting are determined by the speed and angle you make your turn.

The faster you go and the sharper you turn the quicker you will get your blue and red sparks.

Jamaha

When do I need to begin accelerating to get the speed boost at start?

Do they really need to change it in every game..

DrHectic

Quote from: JaMaHa on April 19, 2008, 07:32:03 AMWhen do I need to begin accelerating to get the speed boost at start?

Do they really need to change it in every game..

It's pretty much the same as the ds one, start accelerating just about after the two appears

zahndy

i know a way to partly dodge a POW block.
when a POW appears (boom, boom, BOOM) 0.5 sec before the third boom, shake you wii wheel/wiimote like a maniac and you will make a 720º degree spin with a blue wave around you, instead of a 1640º spin.

note: do not do this when you are peforming a wheelie