Re: Re: Submissions for 2011 Sometime Update - 3 New + Infinite Replacements

Started by Bespinben, August 23, 2011, 04:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Post up to 3 new submissions and as many replacements as you want.

Here are the Formatting Guidelines. Please read & follow them, it makes things easier and it makes the site look more professional.

Please provide PDF, MUS, and MIDI format, and make sure to write the arranger name in your post, if it is not your own username. Just to avoid mix-ups :)

Want to be a featured arranger?

Your feature gives you a spot on the next update that is dedicated to you and your arrangements, this is in addition to everybody else's submissions.

Send me a PM with all of your unsubmitted sheets (replacements or not) and you will be randomly picked out of the applicants. If you are chosen, all of your arrangements will go through the same process as if posted here. You are still welcome to post arrangements here, regardless of whether you are picked or not. Please have a decent amount of sheets ready when you PM me (8-10 at least). Good luck!

Any applicants that don't win this week are automatically applied for the following week.

List of accepted arrangements (Updated constantly):

NEW:
[GBA] Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - "Amber Valley (Duet)" - Shadoninja
[SNES] Seiken Densetsu 3 - "Another Winter" - Shadoninja
[GBA] Pokemon Emerald - "Frontier Brain Battle" - Shadoninja
[GCN] Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door - "File Select" - PianoMan
[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" - Bespinben
[PC] Touhou 6: The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - "Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial" - MasterProX
[PC] Touhou 10.5:  Scarlet Weather Rhapsody - "Catastrophe in Bhava-Agra ~ Wonderful Heaven" - MasterProX
[PC] Touhou 13: Ten Desires - "Spirit of Avarice" - MasterProX
[GB] Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - "Map Screen" - WarioMan98
[GBA] Wario Land 4 - "Hall of Hieroglyphs" - WarioMan98
[WiiWare] Megaman 9 - "Wily Machine" - WarioMan98
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond Pearl Platinum - "Torn World/Distortion World" - spitllama
[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Princess Shroob Battle" - spitllama

ADDED

REPLACEMENTS:
[NES] Darkwing Duck - "Liquidator Stage" - Shadoninja
[SNES] Harvest Moon - "Winter Theme" - Shadoninja
[NES] Kirby's Adventure - "Orange Ocean" - Shadoninja
[SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Marshmallow Castle" - Shadoninja
[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Bowser Battle" - Shadoninja
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby Sapphire - "Aqua & Magma Grunt Battle" - Shadoninja
[GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - "Hyrule Town" - Shadoninja
[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Hollijolli Village" - WarioMan98

ADDED

Bespinben's Submissions

The topic split had some troubles, so your post is now the first post. Oh well. We'll continue conversation about your sheets here, just don't mess with the content at the top :)

[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" - Bespinben Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Is there anything that can be done to clean up the R.H  from 88 onwards (presentation-wise)?

Bespinben: I decided completely rewrite the entire arrangement. Here is the [MUS]. Addressing the problem above specifically, I split the right hand into two separate staves for clarity. 

Winter:Very very very beautiful. I can also say it's playable now. (The difficult section) Not that it wasn't before... I thought it was really pretty and attempted playing it though ^.^

Deku: I suppose we'll let this one through :P Also, props for being the first person (to my knowledge) to use 3 staves in a solo piano arrangement for this site.

Bespinben: @Winter - That makes me very happy to hear that :) Thank you.
@ Deku - I sure hope so! I worked quite awhile on that revision. If I must add, I believe Maestro's arrangement of the Final Bowser Battle theme from Super Mario 64 utilized three staves, but that's not on site. Like you said though, it was "to [your] knowledge".

Winter: Wahoo! Something was accepted!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

nacho2420

I just had to arrange this because it's so cool. Would have loved both this and the original to have ended up in the game, if only that were possible lol. I found the audio of the BETA version here on Grant Kirkhope's website.

[N64 Banjo Kazooie - "Prickly Pear Island (BETA)" - Nacho2420 Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Those runs on the second page pretty much impossible. If you could edit those, that'd be good.

DonValentino

Let'sa go! Okey-Dokey! 

IMPORTANT EDIT: Any problems with the links, Winter or Deku, please tell me!

[GBA] Wario Land 4 - "Hall of Hieroglyphs" - WarioMan98 Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Accidentals and key signature. This is a blues-y kind of thing which borrows bits of A Major/A Myxolydian and possibly bits of A Lydian. Anyhoo, I'd probably put the key signature as A Major and change the Eb to D# and the Ab to G#.
Wario: Like this? Yeah, I'm terrible at guessing the key of a song...
Deku: Don't worry about, you get better with practice  ;) Also, dotted rests shouldn't really exist except for in compound time signatures (6/8, 9/8, 12/8) but that's a small thing so I fixed it. Other than that, okay.

[GB] Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 "Map Screen" - WarioMan98 Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Okay
Winter: Same

[WiiWare] Megaman 9 - "Wily Machine" - WarioMan98 Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Measure 5-6 in the left hand the stems are pointing into each other. That could do with a clean up. And in measure 16 right hand the interval between the layers is too wide.
Wario: Removed the second layer there to make those measures cleaner.
Deku: Whoops, I didn't mean remove the second layer, I just meant flip the stems around. But I'll accept is as is, unless you really want to put it back in. Also, I changed 2 Fs to E#s because the song's in C# minor.
Wario: Nah, I knew you meant. Flipping the stems around, but then I thought that that second layer wasn't very important at all, so I removed it.

[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Hollijolli Village" - WarioMan98 Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: The one on the site is cleaner (although it needs a different key signature which I'll add).
Wario: k. Thanks.

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - "Dragon Roost Island" - WarioMan98 Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: You've hardly changed anything, note-wise, from the one on the site. Also, you can't go putting your name to things with such minimal changes.
Wario: Changed the name to G-Han.

spitllama

[NDS] Pokemon Diamond Pearl Platinum - "Torn World/Distortion World" - spitllama Zip

Deku: This sheet needs to follow the formatting guidelines found here. Also, this needs some cleaning up with overlapping notes/rests etc (eg measure 35, 56, 58). And it feels a little empty in terms of harmony. I know you can't get the weird slides and things on piano but there are definitely some harmonies that can be added to gives this a little boost.

spit: Fixed

spit: Fixed again. Key signature.

Winter: Still didn't follow the formatting guidelines.

spit: Should be fixed..

[NDS] Mario and Luigi Partners in Time- "Princess Shroob Battle" - spitllama Zip

Deku: This one has the same formatting issues as the other sheet. Measure 4 could do with a little clean up as could 12 & 13. Also, the right hand of measure 13 is impossible (you can't play 3 octaves at the same time :P). Also, some dynamics and articulations would be nice (actually, this applies to both). There are some key signatures that could be used in this one too (hint: the left hand gives you some clues).

spit: Did my best on the key signature... not sure though

Winter: It says the file does not exist.

spit: Should be fixed
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MasterProX

[PC] Touhou 6: The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil "Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial" - MasterProX Mus Midi Pdf

Winter: You have a good ear.

[PC] Touhou 10.5:  Scarlet Weather Rhapsody - "Catastrophe in Bhava-Agra ~ Wonderful Heaven" - MasterProX Mus Midi Pdf

Winter: I added a "L.H." to the end of measure 9 as it was not playable with the right hand..

[PC] Touhou 13:  Ten Desires "Spirit of Avarice" - MasterProX Mus Midi Pdf

Winter: This song was extremely fun to listen to. Captured it perfectly.

Winter: All the songs had unnecessary D.S. al Coda's and did not have the site url at the bottom. I fixed that. Didn;t update the links here though.

Shadoninja

[GBA] Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - "Amber Valley (Duet)" - Shadoninja (Updated 1/7/12) ZIP

Deku: Is the E on Beat 3, Measure 13 in the RH of Secondo supposed to tie over to the next note? And there's a semi-hidden 'f' in measure 33, Primo.
Also, and I'm not going to reject it for this, but I'm not a big fan of the rapid succession of key changes at the end because they don't reflect the tonality, which is primarily what key signatures are for.

Deku: Okay.

[SNES] Seiken Densetsu 3 - "Another Winter" - Shadoninja (Updated 1/7/12) ZIP

Deku: Needs some sort of dynamic. Measure 18, Beat 1 & 2, the G/E should be G/D (same with measure 22).

Deku: Okay.

[GBA] Pokemon Emerald - "Frontier Brain Battle" - Shadoninja ZIP (Updated 1/10/12)

Deku: A couple of weird enharmonic spelling things going on but it's such a chromatic song that it probably isn't worth bothering about. Except: the first chord in bar 15 is a major chord so that C either needs to be a B# or the rest of the chord adjusted to be an Ab Major chord.

shado: Fixed.

Deku: Yup

[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Bowser Battle" - Shadoninja (Replacement) ZIP (Updated 1/10/12)

shado: Is this correct?

Deku: Yeah, close enough, without me having to spend ages analysing :P

[GBA] Pokemon Ruby Sapphire Emerald - "Aqua & Magma Grunt Battle" - Shadoninja (Replacement) ZIP (Updated 1/10/12)

Deku: Any chance you could change those repeated high Db 16ths to an 8th at the start? It's a little impossible otherwise :P

shado: Fixed.

Deku: Okay

[NES] Darkwing Duck - "Liquidator Stage" - Shadoninja (Replacement) (Updated 11/30/11)

Deku: Generic statement giving approval :P

[SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Marshmallow Castle" - Shadoninja (Replacement) (Updated 11/30/11)

Deku: All good.

[NES] Kirby's Adventure - "Orange Ocean" - Shadoninja (Replacement) ZIP (Updated 1/10/12)

shado: Fixed

Deku: Goody

[SNES] Harvest Moon - "Winter Theme" - Shadoninja (Replacement) (Updated 1/11/12)  ZIP

Winter: Perfect.

Deku: Needs dynamics and possibly articulations if applicable. Also, the Ab should be G# and the Gb should be F# as the song is in A minor.

[GBA]The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Hyrule Town (Replacement)

Deku: Another generic statement giving approval :P

Zip
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

PianoMan

I don't know why it has taken me so long to submit this.

[GCN] Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door - "File Select" - PianoMan Mus Midi

Deku: I fixed a couple of weird rhythm grouping things to make it easier to read but other that, all good.

Bloop

[N64] Banjo-Tooie - "Cloud Cuckoo Land" - Bloop Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Some of the left hand chords are off, and there are no dynamics.

Bloop: I'll fix those asap.

Bloop: Mostly fixed I hope

[N64] Banjo-Tooie - "Targitzan, the Despotic Dizzy Totem God (Duet)" - Bloop Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Just a question, is this meant to be for 1 piano or 2? Because the notes seem to be spread out in a way that would work for a duet on 1 piano.

Bloop: It's meant for 1 piano. Same as Francis Battle/

Deku: Could you change them so that the parts go from highest to lowest? ie two treble staves in piano 1 and two bass staves in piano 2? That's how duets are usually set out.

Bloop: fixed.

[N64] Paper Mario - "Over Shiver Mountain" - Bloop Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Something about the chords doesn't sound quite right.

Bloop: Can you tell me what doesn't sound good? I don't have the same ears as you do.

Bloop: I added a dynamic and fixed some notes in the right hand, the chords actually sound fine to me.

Deku: In bars 10 and 12, the LH chord needs an F# instead of a G (all the chords are exact transpositions of each other). And something else but I'm being kicked off the computer :(

Bloop: Fixed.

[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "Francis Battle" - Bloop Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Same question as Targitzan. We tend to prefer Duets for 1 piano because they're more accessible and more likely to be played.

Bloop: Hm, I think I'll keep this one for 2 piano's because it can be confusing for the trebles (fast-paced 16ths or something) and the overlapping notes.

Shadoninja

Quote from: fingerz on December 01, 2011, 04:17:40 PMWait, Bespinben is doing a Submissions Update? o.O
Quote from: Bespinben on August 23, 2011, 04:32:17 PMThe topic split had some troubles, so your post is now the first post. Oh well. We'll continue conversation about your sheets here, just don't mess with the content at the top :)
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

QuoteWait, Bespinben is doing a Submissions Update? o.O

8) Like a boss.

Question: Am I allowed to add more submissions, or do I need to wait until "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" gets the second approval?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I was wondering there for a second. CARRY ON, MEN.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Bespinben on December 01, 2011, 04:25:34 PMQuestion: Am I allowed to add more submissions...

Not at the moment. We'll resume the normal submissions process once we've cleared the backlog here. So to be fair on those who've waited, submissions are still closed.

Winter

Just to clarify:

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on December 01, 2011, 05:51:51 PMSubmissions are still closed.

Also it'll probably another user with the first post next time around. Unless we miraculously finish the entire thread.

Olimar12345

...crap, just pm'd em to you...well i did add to the new ones....
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

You added more? Alright, I'll use the new PM. I'll delete those posts to keep them secret. But I'm sorry to say there's one more Featured Arranger submission before you.