News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

12-21-12

Started by Jub3r7, December 15, 2011, 03:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Prologue: November 18th

The world is supposed to end on December 21st, two thousand and twelve. Seeing as nobody but god knows the exact date of this event (according to the Christians), nobody believed it.

Until about 15 days ago, that is. Leaders around the world agreed to put their countries in quarantine to prevent the spread of the zombie infection. After the current president of Nigeria received word from his assistant that a zombie invasion was happening outside, the president simply took it as a joke. The assistant corrected this thought by making him look out the window.

After alerting neighboring countries (who alerted their neighboring countries, until the rest of the world was informed), the lock down began. All flights were delayed for an unknown amount of time. Many people protested, as friends and family were stuck on the other side of the world, trying to reunite with each other and be sure of each others' well being. Rallies formed; in other words, they shouted and held up signs while walking in circles with several other people. The stricter governments around the world had no need to shut them down; with all the racket they caused, they simply provided an easy-to-find meal for the infected.

As was mentioned, that was 15 days ago. How about now?

The quarantine didn't work. Zombies span every continent, while healthy humans grow scarce by the second. Individuals sustain themselves in small groups as to avoid attention; survival organizations and zombie-slaying groups have popped up everywhere, replacing any former states, provinces, or countries that existed. Government leaders disappeared so quickly that their replacements didn't show up in time to keep those governments sustained, and the People quickly turned to the next best organization that resembled a government.

One particular individual was planning to form a group of her own. Striding with purpose through a peaceful cornfield while sending messages to other individuals throughout the world, things were slowly falling into place in her head. Something you should know about the girl before we start is this: when she strides with purpose through a cornfield, it means that shit's about to go down.

Chapter 1 Character Select:
      New York City
      Somewhere in Finland
      Everything's Hotter in Texas

Oh yeah, btw, since I'm writing the story based on location, I'll pm some of you asking for the province/state/country you live in if I'm not already aware of it!
I might also ask about your choice of medieval weapon for use in combat, if I haven't already decided that for myself. ;)

Also, subsections in the same chapter can be read in any order. That is, after I've written them.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Jub3r7

New York City
12-1-12

The small Asian girl stopped painting and looked out the window. Chaos.

On a large white parchment, an older Asian man was painted in black and white, with red lining the background and fading from the shirt he was wearing. There were shadows under his eyes and the mouth curved in a way that should have been a smile but it didn't really express happiness.

There was no emotion on her face as she stared into the streets down below, or as she put down the brush doused in red paint. Outside the glass frame, there were screams as people ran amok, towards their death and rebirth as a monster. There was the sound of laughter as someone lost a large chunk of their neck and could finally join the rest of the world in a mindless lust for blood.

"Ruto! Ruto!" The girl's little sister ran into the room with a horrified look on her face. "Help me wake up Mom! Mom won't stop sleeping!"

Ruto didn't move.

"I'M GOING TO TELL MOM THAT YOU DIDN'T HELP ME WAKE HER UP. HELP ME WAKE HER UP, PLEASE."

Saria dragged Ruto to the bedroom, where their mother was now standing up and walking towards them. Ruto remained expressionless.

"Mom! I was so worried, I thought you weren't going to wake up, Ruto didn't help!"

Their mom didn't respond.

"Are you okay, Mama?" Saria began to approach their mother but Ruto pulled her back startlingly fast. Ruto was now extremely serious.

"Stay back." Their mom groaned and suddenly began to charge at them, screaming. Ruto slammed shut the door to that bedroom, and a thud was heard on the other side. Shortly afterward, they heard continuous pounding.

"Ruto, what's wrong with you? Let Mom out of the bedroom!" Saria tried to pull Ruto away from the door to unlock it.

"It's too late. She's gone."

"IT'S NOT TOO LATE. SHE'S NOT GONE. SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND THE DOOR, LET HER OUT RIGHT NOW."

"Saria, stop."

"NO, LET HER OUT, LET HER OUT NOW!" Saria started to punch Ruto, making her flinch when she hit her stomach. The flinch gave Saria enough time to push Ruto out of the way and unlock the door....

Jub3r7

Somewhere in Finland
12-2-12

Spread throughout the world, there are some places that have become extremely chaotic, while other locations seem to be eerily desolate and quiet. In places like these, people would expect to hear the sounds of nature, water flowing, frogs croaking, birds singing, or bugs shouting their mating call to the night sky. Instead, there is only silence and the occasional scream from miles away.

In Finland, down a forgotten path in a forgotten forest, there is one of these desolate places.

A forgotten plane that was crashed by an automated pilot lies in a barren ditch.

A single gecko shivers across the ground, looking for signs of life other than its own. The reptile shudders away the thought of searching for a mate at this point in time because it has more important details to attend to. The poor animal needed food to eat, and a source of water, but all of that dried up with the last outburst of human lightning. A quiver on its tail told the gecko that it was about to rain, and it needed to find shelter.

It went through the old log path, where there used to be beetles and roaches and ants and all kinds of bugs to eat. The log was empty.

Down the crevice where the stream used to be, the gecko found a drop of water and tasted it, along with an unfortunate amount of mud. The empty stream led down into the ditch where the automated pilot layed on the ground, no longer functioning.

The rain it sensed earlier dropped almost unexpectedly, and the gecko took shelter under the crashed plane. Suddenly, the gecko felt something destructive coming. The scales on its back rattled and raised when lightning struck the robot, sparks flying everywhere.

For a brief moment, the whole area was illuminated, and if the gecko could read, it would have seen the word "ZETA" on the robot's arm.

Jub3r7

Everything's Hotter in Texas
12-3-12

"Damn, it's hot." An Indian guy, decent at some stringed instrument, who is known by some as "Varun" but by others as Universe-X, was patrolling the area for zombies.

He had equipped himself with a can of axe and a lighter, prepared to shoot any zombies with a jet of flame that came his way.

In reality, he wasn't really sure he wanted to find a zombie, but rather was looking for the NSM user Triforced1.

After going around a corner, he noticed a man hunched over and looking a dark shade of grey. U-X jumped back behind the corner before it spotted him.

"Okay, it's only one shade of grey. If there were 50 different shades then we would have a serious nsfw problem."

More zombies came to join the man and U-X backed farther away from the corner only to notice a group starting to form behind him. He started getting nervous. They started getting closer on both sides.

Too close for comfort. "SOMEBODY HELP I'M GOING TO FIRE TRUCKING DIE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE"

If the zombies didn't notice him before, they were well aware of him now. Varun got his lighter ready but then found that he was unable to light it. He ran away from one zombie only to run into another. U-X then proceeded to spray the Zombie with axe. After all, rotting flesh isn't too aromatic, so why not make it smell a little better?

The zombie's face contorted with rage and would have bit him if an arrow hadn't gone straight through the zombie's head, flying from a fire escape on a nearby building.

"TRIFORCED ONE REPORTING FOR DUTY. I PRESUME YOU ARE THE UNIVERSE?"

"You can just call me U-X. Anyway, THERE ARE STILL ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE AND MY AXE FLAMETHROWER ISN'T WORKING, WHAT DO I DO?"

Tri came down from the fire escape to let down the stairs, but not before assisting U-X with his lighter.

"You hold the switch down like this, and then press the button."

"Oh, are you sure I didn't just forget to plug it in?"

They proceeded to light all of the zombies on fire.

Oblivious to the pain, the fire had little effect, and now they were being chased by flaming zombies.

TO BE CONTINUED

Mashi

This.
Is.
Wait for it...

Amazing.

Yugi

we need an australian chapter or subsection

Saria

...Why am I stupid? I know a zombie when I see it. I've watched The Walking Dead. Ruto should be the one freaking out gahaha. And we need to save Remy! D:

12-21-2012?
That was months ago and we're alive! Mwuahaha.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Saria

Come on, continue this, Jubby! It's getting interesting! D;
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

MaestroUGC

You know, we're almost a year later after this story takes place.

Don't turn this into a period piece.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jub3r7

i just have to do some catching up and i can fastforward the story into survival setting!!!!