News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG XXIV: Sauce Is Pretty Coll Post Game

Started by Mashi, December 26, 2011, 10:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Brutal Wolf Painter - Has painting powers (Paintings are not permanent and only last the Night Phase). Elects one of his/her voters to die.
Brutal Wolf Shaman - Has seer powers. Elects one of his/her voters to die.
Traitor - Gains seer powers at the end of day 3.
Hunter - Has seer powers. Must catch the traitor by the end of day 3. At the end of each day he/she submits a name. If that person is the traitor, they die immediately. If he fails to send the correct name by the end of Day 3, he dies.
Guardian - Powers fail on blues.
Brutal Human - When lynched, chooses a Player that voted for him/her and kills him/her.
Millwright - Is told he/she is Human.
Human
Human
Human
Human

1. vermillionvermin - Brutal Wolf Painter - LVP
2. Dude - Brutal Wolf Shaman - A+++++++++
3. SuperFireKirby - Brutal Human - A+++++++++
4. blueflower999 - Human - A+++++++++
5. shadowkirby - Guardian - A+++++++++
6. spitllama - Millwright - A+++++++++
7. Jub3r7 - Hunter - A+++++++++
8. gzgregory - Human - A+++++++++
9. davy - Human - A+++++++++
10. Bird - Human - A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
11. Locke (Faux) - Traitor - A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Analysis + Quotes Later.

Night 1:
SuperFireKirby is wolfed.
shadowkirby guards SuperFireKirby.
Dude paints himself Green.
vermilionvermin seers Bird Green.
Jub3r7 seers vermilionvermin Red.

Day 1:
Dude is lynched.
blueflower999 is Insta'd.
Jub3r7 hunts Bird (I think.  He told me through chat and I don't want to waste time finding it because I'm super indolent.  Sorry!).

Night 2:
shadowkirby is wolfed.
Jub3r7 seers Bird Green.
vermilionvermin paints Jub3r7 Red.

Day 2:
gzgregory is lynched.
Jub3r7 hunts Locke (Faux).
Locke (Faux) dies from being hunted.

Night 3:
davy is wolfed.
vermilionvermin paints Bird Red.

Day 3:
Bird is Insta'd.

Night 4:
SuperFireKirby is wolfed.
vermilionvermin paints himself Green.

Day 4:
vermilionvermin is lynched.
Jub3r7 is Brutal'd.

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jub3r7

And hey look I was the seer who would've guessed

good night.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

Submissions Page

Locke (Faux)

01:35   Mashi   locke is now the host

I declare victory for vermillionvermin, Bird, Locke (Faux), and Mashi. Everyone else loses.

Sir Awesomesauce

I sort of threw the roles of this game together (combining two ideas I'd had in the past), but it ended up working out pretty well. I had no idea how much trouble the Wolf Painter would cause though. I think it's definitely more fun than master wolves/millers and what not.

Regarding the actual game... well, the wolves probably should have won. They had tons of bad luck this entire game. Night one, they seered a green and attacked a human who would be guarded, causing an alliance to spring up. Day 1, they lose their shaman pretty much by accident. Night 2 they fail to take out a blue, so by night 3, half the game is confirmed to be human. And day 3 the humans made a stupid, reckless mistake that, in ordinary circumstances, should have cost them the game. But somehow it didn't. vermilionvermin had pretty much everybody fooled (sure, you may have been suspicious of him at a few points, but nobody ever followed up on these suspicions), and wouldn't have been found out if it weren't for process of elimination. That's pretty incredible considering he made like 1/4 of the posts in the game.

The humans on the other hand, were incredibly disorganized and inactive even though they were lucky enough to create an alliance on day 1. We got lucky with the day 1 lynch (well, some logic was involved, but it was still lucky that Dude went down rather than spitllama), and day 3 was probably the biggest disaster I've ever seen in my 50+ games of TWG. TWG is built on discussion, yet the all-knowing alliance decided to eliminate that aspect of the game entirely. Even though there were two players who had been seered red, they were so sure that one of them was a wolf that they decided to falsify evidence to make the lynching go more smoothly. Needless to say, that backfired completely and caused me to lose a lot of respect for the remaining players. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been cheering for the wolves after that.

Really. I don't know what made them so sure I was a wolf anyway. The traitor tried to incriminate me, I'd asked for numerous phase extensions, I'd regularly listed suspicions, I'd started the lynch on Dude, defended a ton of people early in the game (all of whom I could prove I was not a wolf with), and I was frequently requesting that players be more active or would join the chat. But I guess that's wolfish behavior around these parts. At least I won't have to deal with it ever again. Probably.

Good game everyone. verm definitely did the best job this game, but I thought that Locke (near the end) and davy also did really well.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

Winter

You guys sound like you're from LLF.

And good job on an active game..... some of you

Sir Awesomesauce

As you can see from my 222 posts, I'm a regular member here.

Really.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

spitllama

Mind blown that Sauce = Bird = Sir Awesomesauce (who I've seen in the ancient past of NSM threads)

Also

1000th post
Submissions Page

Winter

vermilionvermin

I'm going to be honest, I'm a LITTLE frustrated by the fact that an irrelevant seering did me in.
 :( :( :(

spitllama

Quote from: vermilionvermin on December 26, 2011, 11:09:21 PMI'm going to be honest, I'm a LITTLE frustrated by the fact that an irrelevant seering did me in.
 :( :( :(

Irrelevant?
Submissions Page

vermilionvermin

At that point, we knew the painter was around.  There was a 50/50 chance that you were the wolf and had painted yourself orange.