Boggolo's Arrangements (New: Paper Mario TTYD and Pokèmon)

Started by Boggolo, June 12, 2011, 06:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggolo

Shadoninja

mushroom kingdom
measure 13-14: the two 16th note pickups look awkward if they're bass clef and then it switches to treble clef. you have two options here, lower the notes in the treble clef from 14 to 17 down an octave and use an 8va OR change to a treble clef in measure 13 before the 16th note pickups. I would pick the latter since it's going to treble clef anyway.

measure 15: I would use C# instead of Db in the right hand and D# instead of Eb in the left.

measure 19-25: I'd probably remove those notes in layer 2. the player would have to hold down that note and then play the eighths, which the highest note is a 12th apart.

tempo: I believe the tempo is actually 96 not 105. double check with a tempo tapper. here's one I like to use

formatting: remove the semi colons from the composer and arranger. e.g "Composition by Yoko Shimomura" not "Composition by:Yoko Shimomura"
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Boggolo

Pokemon Tower Added!

@Shadoninja:I've applied all of your suggestions for the mushroom kingdom arrangement,except the one for measure 15: Using a Db makes a better difference with the C natural and having a D# in the left hand and a Db in the right hand could be confusing...

Brassman388

First pointer; upload on something that doesn't make you or I have to wait. Mediafire works best.

Second, about your Smithy Gang Theme/Here's Some Weapons, if it's mostly in triplets, be sure to put it in a different time sig. I took the liberty of doing it for you. I'll leave it to you to change the other stuff like formatting etc etc.

Here's Some Weapons

Sekter77

Pokemon Tower turned out pretty nice! I can't notice any problems with how it sounds.
But I would also recommend changing over to Mediafire, or anything else that doesn't have a wait time. It's a lot more convenient when viewing arrangements in the forums.
Guitar and video games.

Boggolo

Rose Town added and formats corrected!  :)
I've also hosted all the files on Mediafire!

@Brassman388: I use Finale 2010 and I couldn't open your file...Thanks anyway,I'll convert it myself!  

Brassman388

Boggolo

Monstro Town added!  :)

@Brassman: I've reuploaded Smithy Theme starting from the file you sent me. Do you want to be credited in the score?

Shadoninja

rose town

the first 4 measures feel a bit empty without that bass part.
i'm not a fan of marching bass you have written. I'd have kept the walking bass line from the song.
although they're technically the same thing rhythmically, I think this song works better as 4/4 with swung eighths instead of  the 12/8 time you have written.
it's very hard to describe but in general(imo) use 4/4 with swing eighths for pieces that have a swing feel and 12/8 with pieces that are more classical or non-swing, if that makes any sense.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Boggolo

Hi guys! After a long time I've uploaded two new arrangements: Crystal stars from Paper Mario the Thousand Years Door and Cerulean city from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow!  :D

@Shadoninja: I know it is a really old post but I'll answer you anyway: the first measures seem empty because of the lack of the drums,while the marching bass I've used it's a compromise between the notes of the horns and the bass line; I tried to use only the bass line but it sounds too much static to me...
I chose the 12/8 because it was easier to write and read,but i can convert it in 4/4 if necessary.