News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

This Fairy Fountain Theme will be the death of me

Started by spitllama, January 10, 2012, 09:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

So should a harp strum be a glissando, individual notes, or a rolled chord? :o

EDIT: This song has been completed. Check mine or fingerz' submissions thread
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

If you want to be REALLY precise with the transcription, you could write out the EXACT timing of the notes in the rolled chord in a hidden staff and mute the staff with the proper notation for that moment, but that's a lot of work.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

spitllama

Ok I definitely don't know how to do any of that... but at the same time I want the playback to sound accurate. The biggest issue right now is after figuring out the notes for each strum and putting them into a rolled chord, the last note doesn't hold for the full value like in the original. It turns into 1-2-3-4-5-6-1-2-3-4-5-6 where each number represents a note of the rolled chord, instead of 1-2-3-4-5-6........ 1-2-3-4-5-6..... etc (where 6 is held). I think that's what you meant by getting the exact timing for each note right?

They only strum for the beginning. What is this hidden staff nonsense thing?
Submissions Page

Bespinben

You probably can't do it if you don't have full Finale. Think of it as a third piano that doesn't show up in the score but still plays back, which can be useful, for example, for writing out trills in a specific way.

spitllama

Submissions Page

Bespinben

Why don't you put this in a shared folder so I can work on it too maybe? Pwease :3

If you do that, then maybe I could show you step by step what I'm talking about.

Bespinben

Actually, instead doing all that funky stuff, you could just put a rolled chord articulation on the note and change the tempo momentarily for that note so that way human playback strums it slowly.

spitllama

Would that still lengthen the duration of the last note of the rolled chord?
Submissions Page

Bespinben

What I described above would lengthen the time between each individual note in the rolled chord. The duration of the last note of the chord is determined by what note you put (quarter, half, whole) :P

spitllama

Ah you have been most helpful dear Bespinben. So tell me, how does one change the tempo momentarily?
Submissions Page

Bespinben

You would create a custom expression with the expression tool and define it to whatever tempo you wanted. Just make sure you hide the expression when you're done, because nobody wants to see a bunch of 110s, 70s, and 92s all over the place. Also make sure to NOT create the expression under tempo marks, because for some reason, if you do that, the expression is only applicable to the beginning of a measure and not in the middle of the measure like you want.

If you look at my most recent arrangement of the "Title Screen" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 1, I have several invisible tempo markings to control the ritards in a manner more akin to the OST.

spitllama

Submissions Page

spitllama

Ok, so despite help from Maestro, I am still too dumb to figure out some of these glissando strums. I think this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do and I am getting really pissed off lol.

Would anyone like to take a look? I would REALLY appreciate it.
Submissions Page

Bespinben

I would LOVE to take a look. Please, let me see.

spitllama

Submissions Page