Wilco's Arrangements! (Hi, I'm new)

Started by Wilco, March 26, 2012, 05:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilco

Hey guys, I've been a lurker for a while now .. but I finally decided to man up and submit the things I've been working on. Please know, by no means am I very musically talented and I do this almost completely by ear, so it might not be the greatest. I hope you enjoy and obviously any feedback is recommended.

Also, I use MuseScore to write the pieces, so converting to .mus might make them a little funky. I hope it doesn't screw up too much.

Ballad of the Goddess (Duet)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Original
[MUS] [PDF] [MID]
I based this arrangement on the orchestrated version, because that's the one I think sounded the best. So it's a little bit different from the ones that are already posted.

Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Medley (Duet)
Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony
Original
[MUS] [PDF] [MID]
This is my favorite song on the album, they took some of the best songs of the series and put them so elegantly into this really nice piece. I'm extremely proud of this arrangement, but I'm sure there is a lot of room for improvement (I say mostly in the Dragon Roost part where it switches to 4/4, the high sixteenth notes are a bit odd).

Flooded Woods
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Original
[MUS] [PDF] [MID]
Updated new .mus and .pdf because I made it prettier with layers. Otherwise, this one is nice and soothing, I like the song a lot in the game, it's simple but pretty.

Original Medley
Smashing! Live (SSBM Orchestra)
Original
[MUS] [PDF] [MID]
The original (no pun) orchestral version has another piece that I excluded, since that revolves (in my opinion) around the percussion, specifically the snare and (I think) cowbell. It would have sounded lame on piano. Otherwise, I think I lose it a little bit around the end, it seems to get pretty bleh.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Woo someone else who's working on the Orchestra CD! ;D I'd totally work with you on these. Finale reads these fine. Nbd. I've never understood why MuseScore doesn't put on measure numbers though.

I recommend slowing down the intro to your Ballad of the Goddess. Felt rushed.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Wilco

Thanks for the welcome!

@spit, the CD is just so amazing. I'm going to try to tackle the Windwaker Medley next, but they're so long!

spitllama

Ikr? I'm considering the Twilight Princess Movement but I feel like so much is lost in the move to piano that it's almost not worth it.
Submissions Page

Dudeman

Quote from: Wilco on March 26, 2012, 05:52:31 PMI use MuseScore to write the pieces
Yeeeeeessss! Another believer! ::)
Welcome to the forums, Wilco!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheZeldaPianist275

You use MuseScore?!?  Awesome!!  Me too!
Welcome to the site (I'm new too, but Flooded Woods sounds good to me) !

Wilco

Quote from: spitllama on March 26, 2012, 07:10:28 PMIkr? I'm considering the Twilight Princess Movement but I feel like so much is lost in the move to piano that it's almost not worth it.
I agree, there's too much vocals in the TP one to give it justice with a piano (or even duet).

To the rest, thanks! I find MuseScore to be so much nicer to use than Finale, there's just some issues I can't figure out (most of the written text like crescendos and ritards don't seem to work), but the rest to me is much better.

Winter

DonValentino

Hi there! Welcome! Good arrangements!  :)
Btw, what version of Finale do you use? I have 2011 but I can't open your mus files. Wait... Is Finale 2012 already out?!

spitllama

Quote from: Wilco on March 26, 2012, 05:52:31 PMAlso, I use MuseScore to write the pieces, so converting to .mus might make them a little funky. I hope it doesn't screw up too much.

Quote from: spitllama on March 26, 2012, 06:09:34 PMI've never understood why MuseScore doesn't put on measure numbers though.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 26, 2012, 07:22:55 PMYou use MuseScore?!?  Awesome!!  Me too!

Quote from: Wilco on March 26, 2012, 09:38:05 PMI find MuseScore to be so much nicer to use than Finale
Submissions Page

DonValentino

So the Mus is for Musescore? Bad abbreviation....   >:(

And look:
Quote from: Wilco on March 26, 2012, 05:52:31 PMAlso, I use MuseScore to write the pieces, so converting to .mus might make them a little funky. I hope it doesn't screw up too much.

I thought he already uploaded the Finale mus, sheesh.  :(

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheZeldaPianist275

Wilco, I just noticed on your Flooded Woods arrangement you have a bunch of tied eighth notes that are held for the length of a quarter note or more.  Do you know how to layer with MuseScore?  It's the 1, 2, 3, & 4 buttons in different colors just to the right of the flats and sharps.  It's pretty self-intuitive once you know it's there, took me forever to find it XD  Hope that helps!

Wilco

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 03, 2012, 07:14:57 PMWilco, I just noticed on your Flooded Woods arrangement you have a bunch of tied eighth notes that are held for the length of a quarter note or more.  Do you know how to layer with MuseScore?  It's the 1, 2, 3, & 4 buttons in different colors just to the right of the flats and sharps.  It's pretty self-intuitive once you know it's there, took me forever to find it XD  Hope that helps!
oh man, I had no idea. Thanks for that, I should go fix it!