News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

I ran away from a girl who asked me out xD. I was in 6th grade and thought she was really weird and people had been telling me for days that she was gonna ask me... guess the anticipation got the best of me.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Ruto

Being asked, I guess? There was this guy that was being all creepy to me online some years back (Concerto can tell you this too). In real life, he really could have done more than just talk, you know. I did tell him I wasn't interested first, of course.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 06, 2014, 02:51:27 PMcooties too stronk
eww cooties *swats at air*

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Ruto on March 06, 2014, 06:43:28 PMBeing asked, I guess? There was this guy that was being all creepy to me online some years back (Concerto can tell you this too). In real life, he really could have done more than just talk, you know. I did tell him I wasn't interested first, of course.

Is this...that guy?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 06, 2014, 08:58:39 PMIs this...that guy?

That guy from my old college that would randomly find me sometimes on my way to class (so I'm in a hurry and not have time for chatting much), that was messaging me at 1 am asking me to drink with him, or to come over to his room and study (lounge is better, thanks), and then pretty much got more disturbing after that.

DrP

^le french guy???

But I have done lots of thinking recently about my current relationship status.

Right now, I am perfectly fine being single (I'm still getting my groove at work, completely broke for the first year I'm living here and the fact I am enjoying my alone time), but there always comes a point where I feel like I would be so much happier in a relationship.

I mean, I keep thinking that I want to share my life with some girl that I adore very much, when we can go hiking and wine tasting on the weekends and enjoy eating awesome food at really awesome restaurants and can travel around the world together and enjoy each others' company.

I have all these feelings pent up inside with almost no one on which to project them... and not to mention all my friends are away at school or a different part of the world. Needless to say, I feel someone is absent and I need more.

The best (or worst) part of all of this is that I am horrible with relationships, since I only had 1 relationship in high school that was a "kind of" relationship (we never said that we were or weren't in one), but it was evidenced in the fact that I had a $600 texting bill (also evidences the fact I'm old when my old cellphone plan allotted 300 texts... and that was ALOT).

I don't know what to think about all this and I am realizing this is going to be hard for me. I have never been really close with anyone (not even my family).

Hell, if I can't find a girl with who I can share my life, I can make some guy friends and live with them and travel around with them, too.

idk what to think now. Ugh.

/rant

EFitTrainr

I'm sorta in the same boat as you, DrP.
I've had only one super-serious relationship, and looking back on it, it really was NOT worth it.

And I'm wondering if relationships are (for me at least) even worth the time.

What I want to do is just have a close group of friends who I go on adventures with.

Kman may be my best friend, but he's always really busy, and he puts work before anything else (Which is good, but frustrating.)

I was recently in my school's production of guys and dolls, though, and everyone who was in that (or at least most of us) are hanging out outside of school. We've formed a drama club, and we're going to see a movie on Saturday.

But with all that being said, I really don't like being alone.

And next year, I'm going to be the most alone I've ever been. The majority of my IRL friends are graduating and going on to college, while I'm stuck in another year of high school due to screwing around too much my freshman year.

This means I'll be seeing Kman even less, if at all.

And I don't know if I can do that.
I like food.

DrP

Yeah, I hear you.

I have to put work ahead of everything right now, which is good because I can't spend extra money on going out with anyone right now or even hanging out with friends for an extended period of time.

I would've liked to stay in college for another year to be surrounded by friends, but that means LITTLE to NO income and remaining stagnant for a year essentially.

Now that I am working hella long hours, I have some money to pay bills, but I have nothing to do otherwise.

At least you'll head to college in a year.. All it takes is a year and you can move on!

Ruto

Nope, not the French guy XD

fingerz

Yeah, bad experiences don't help... After engaging in a relationship with someone I didn't really like in that way for a few months, it scarred me for life. I get awkward if I hug females now and I feel sick if I start to think of anyone in a way more than friends. XDD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Jompa

There is this girl I've been madly in love with for like ages, and that I think about absolutely every day. But when I met her today, for the first time in about two weeks, I realized that she had changed. When I then talked to her I suddenly realized that I am not in love with her anymore.
I don't know if it's just temporarily, but I really can't say I'm in love with her anymore.
Drastically loosing the feelings I had for someone is one of the wierdest things I've ever experienced. A lot of crazy feelings have now just started popping up, like some sorta relief, and a slight depressesion. The state of my mind is so weird I don't think I can stand up for the rest of the day. I'll just go to bed, I think.
Sorry, I just really needed to vent this out to get my mind straight.
Birdo for Smash

MaestroUGC

Love is not a permanent state of emotion, it tends to come and go in cycles whenever you fall for someone and as such it takes a bit of work to maintain that state of bliss. That said, it is entirely possible that you fell out of love for her and that's completely natural. Once you leave that state of being, you tend to notice the person far differently than before, and odds are that she didn't change that much, but your perception of her did.

Don't worry about it or freak out because of this. It's completely natural and part of being human. Just take a moment to sort out these thoughts and feelings and see if she really changed or you are just seeing her in a more objective light.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Relationships are weird
unmotivated

Jompa

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 10, 2014, 10:44:01 AMLove is not a permanent state of emotion, it tends to come and go in cycles whenever you fall for someone and as such it takes a bit of work to maintain that state of bliss. That said, it is entirely possible that you fell out of love for her and that's completely natural. Once you leave that state of being, you tend to notice the person far differently than before, and odds are that she didn't change that much, but your perception of her did.

Don't worry about it or freak out because of this. It's completely natural and part of being human. Just take a moment to sort out these thoughts and feelings and see if she really changed or you are just seeing her in a more objective light.
thanks for writing that. After drowning my thoughts in hours of aggressive sax-jamming I think I've concluded that I've just plainly fallen out of love with her, for some reason or another. I'm over that little depression, but now it just feels so weird; I can't remember the last time I didn't have someone I was in love with.
Birdo for Smash

spitllama

Quote from: Jompa on March 10, 2014, 01:52:56 PMAfter drowning my thoughts in hours of aggressive sex-jamming.

Definitely what I read.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.