News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, I'm basically on the same page. Went from being a introverted outcast in high school to, well, what I am now. Shy guys are usually just people out of their element, and that element just usually happens to be talking to women(or people in general).

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

is it wrong if I thought we were talking about shy guys from mario

SlowPokemon

It is because that means you didn't read bubbles's post which explicitly states she's not talking about that shy guy
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Does this make Yugi the wise guy?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zunawe

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 01, 2014, 12:36:48 PMShy guys are the worst tho even if they have a conception that they're quiet and shy and a nice person we're all incredibly self centered and whiny so I'd advise against being interested in one xoxo bye
People who are actually shy are quiet either because they're uncomfortable around people they aren't familiar with or because they don't want to be a bother to other people. Self-centered or whiny people who are quiet aren't shy, they're just bored with what they're doing and/or too conceited to converse with people around them at the time. At least in a sentence. The world's personalities are not composed only of different types of vanity.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Zunawe on October 01, 2014, 03:09:33 PMThe world's personalities are not composed only of different types of vanity.

This is where you lost me. And make no mistake, most shy people are incredibly self centered and whiny. You don't need to like yourself to care about yourself, and certainly not to feel sorry for yourself.

Bubbles

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 01, 2014, 12:25:43 PMTrue story. Seriously, the best way to deal with a shy person is to force them to talk. Usually they want to but just can't figure out how to start.
I spent a very large chunk of time with this guy one-on-one where I continuously brought up subjects and today he still can't look me in the eye. My problem is that I don't have an opinion on whether I'm into him yet but he sure isn't helping himself and I'm just trying to be understanding.

Slow I kinda see where you're coming from. Basically, shy people are shy because they are uncomfortable in their day to day situation and are very conscious of making a mistake and embarrassing themselves (speaking from experience). The idea is that even if they want to help others, they are still too caught up in what others think of them and are therefore somewhat self centered.

And honestly I don't think a shy guy is right for me because I'm fairly quiet myself, but hey I have to give chances. I just feel like in this situation I'm the one trying harder and its reallyyy weighing me down

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 01, 2014, 12:36:48 PMShy guys are the worst tho even if they have a conception that they're quiet and shy and a nice person we're all incredibly self centered and whiny so I'd advise against being interested in one xoxo bye
Spoiler
[close]

Zunawe already summed it up quite nicely.

Quote from: Bubbles on October 01, 2014, 03:32:15 PMSlow I kinda see where you're coming from. Basically, shy people are shy because they are uncomfortable in their day to day situation and are very conscious of making a mistake and embarrassing themselves (speaking from experience). The idea is that even if they want to help others, they are still too caught up in what others think of them and are therefore somewhat self centered.
Being "conscious of making a mistake and embarrassing themselves" is only one reason for being shy. As Zunawe said, many people who are shy because they're not comfortable around unfamiliar people, which isn't really being self-centered at all (being self-centered in this case, I would think, would mean ignoring other people because you place yourself on such a high pedestal).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

But what makes you uncomfortable though? I always stayed quiet so I could better understand a new person when I was talking to them but even that can be tied to not wanting to say the wrong thing

SlowPokemon

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 01, 2014, 03:38:42 PM
Spoiler
[close]

idk what you're laughing at, because I said "we" since I was referring to myself as well???

Yeah bubbles got what I was trying to say. Sort of, anyway.

Dude

I can't really tell what you're saying because of the lack of punctuation in this post.

SlowPokemon

Dude

Are you trying to offend me? ^_^;

Maelstrom

Shy guys? Yep, that's me. :P

Dude

i think slows definition fits mael more than it does any other shy person in the world, haha

But not all shy people are awful, OK?