News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on March 11, 2015, 05:47:03 PMYou know when you can't tell if someone is dropping hints or not? Bluh, I'm so dense.
...Or they're being way too subtle.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ZeldaFan

In my experience, guys are usually pretty dense, so it's not just you. Subtle hints don't work so a girl often has to just come right out and say "I like you" or "Let's hang out" or whatever

But honestly I wish guys would do that too!

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ZeldaFan on March 11, 2015, 08:18:32 PMIn my experience, guys are usually pretty dense, so it's not just you. Subtle hints don't work so a girl often has to just come right out and say "I like you" or "Let's hang out" or whatever

But honestly I wish guys would do that too!
The problem for many people is that they don't want to misinterpret something that wasn't a "hint" as a "hint," and thus come across the wrong way.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fingerz

Quote from: FireArrow on March 11, 2015, 05:47:03 PMYou know when you can't tell if someone is dropping hints or not? Bluh, I'm so dense.
Hahaha! Nope, I can tell if someone's hinting at something no matter how slight it is... So long as I don't like 'em myself. If I do, I don't know what they're doing anymore. XD

Seriously, my friends come to me to ask if someone we know potentially likes 'em. I've not been wrong to date. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 11, 2015, 08:52:17 PMThe problem for many people is that they don't want to misinterpret something that wasn't a "hint" as a "hint," and thus come across the wrong way.

Yeah this. I need fingerz powa ;-;
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

So things between cute guy friend and I didn't work out. He told me we're just friends, but hey, he's still a cool dude and I'm happy we're able to still hang out and be pals.

'tis always more fish in the sea.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Saria

At least you're still friends, that's always good. =D It's a lot better than not being able to talk to them anymore. Keeping them in your life is good enough.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Nebbles

Indeed! We're still gonna be great pals and continue to hang out, so no harm is done at all, and that's all that matters.

the_last_sheikah

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out Nebbles, but hey, friends is still good, and you seem to have made out better that most would have in that situation.  So yeah, yay friendship!
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Nebbles

I mean, he just said "I don't want to lead you on, we're just friends here" so I was like "welp, that answers my questions" so it's all settled pretty much.

DrP

That's good he was open and forthcoming with it.

I know of so many people that just string someone along until the other person breaks down and freaks out. (I know because I've been there -_-)

the_last_sheikah

Ouch.  Sudden, but important to say/hear.

Quote from: DrP on March 24, 2015, 10:14:00 PMI know of so many people that just string someone along until the other person breaks down and freaks out. (I know because I've been there -_-)
Preach it brother, me too.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Nebbles

Well, I had confronted him about the lack of communication that was happening, and he said that. Which is good, you know, so I wasn't being strung along for months thinking I was gonna get a date here. That type of honesty is good, yo! He wasn't rude about it.

the_last_sheikah

I'm glad you have a positive outlook about all this.

Nebbles

It's not like I was hopelessly in love or anything, it was a crush yeah, but I'm still keeping him as a friend and we're both not awkward about it. I take this as a good thing - we're friends, it's not awkward, I'll move on and find another crush sooner or later.

I like being positive. It gives me a better outlook on things.