News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

innit

Dude

What are you talking about it's fine

Yeah, so "During the time I've been around you" is a dependent clause which needs a comma after it.

Learn to write English.

cashwarrior1

Do we need a grammar thread?

Altissimo

Nah because writing is subjective especially on the internet

SpartanChief17

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 30, 2017, 11:43:13 AMHow many times have I said this? What I'm saying isn't the objective truth! I've said that multiple times! I've said that it was likely to be wrong, but it was just my standpoint!I don't think my opinion is superior to anyone else's. No one has even said anything that doesn't coincide with what I said, and if someone did, I would trust their opinion on this matter more than mine.
Perhaps you could have avoided all this conflict if you had said something along the lines of:
Quote"I read (or heard from) something once that said that [insert fun fact or divorce statistic]"
.  Makes it seem less likely to appear that you are stating something as if it is the Actual Fact.
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dude on May 30, 2017, 02:42:41 PMYeah, so "During the time I've been around you" is a dependent clause which needs a comma after it.

If you find yourself correcting someone else's grammar during an argument, you've already run out points to counter with.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 30, 2017, 03:41:54 PMIf you find yourself correcting someone else's grammar during an argument, you've already run out points to counter with.
dude wasn't correcting anyone's grammar
unmotivated

Dude

If anything, Andy started it.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what even proper grammar is
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 30, 2017, 07:58:06 PMwhat even proper grammar is

imaginatin figment The Mind. human

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

AmpharosAndy

I may have started it but I was provoked ;)

Quote from: Dude on May 30, 2017, 01:03:18 PMCorrect me if I messed up somewhere.
innit

Sebastian

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 30, 2017, 11:43:13 AMHow many times have I said this? What I'm saying isn't the objective truth! I've said that multiple times! I've said that it was likely to be wrong, but it was just my standpoint!I don't think my opinion is superior to anyone else's.
No, but you act like what you're saying is the gospel truth, whether you intend it or not. To be frank, it's hard to take a 16 year old seriously about a topic as complex and "experience-needed" as this. I used to be a know-it-all and proud when it came to this topic and I now that I see it in retrospect, I had no groundings to base my "wisdom" on. It wasn't until I actually experienced a relationship that my pride was broken and I truly understood.

So you can't be upset at us for not 100% heeding to or loving your advice.
Maybe think twice next time, knowing that you may not be the most experienced or wise concerning this topic, before posting. Then again, maybe you are indeed knowledgeable on this topic. I don't know you. You could be married for all I know.
Just be tactful.

ThatHiddenCharacter

I'm not angry because you guys won't listen to my not-backed-up opinion. I would definitely trust any of you on this topic more than me. I just get very mad when people don't understand the way I mean things. I know It's completely my fault when people think I mean something one way, when I actually mean it another, but I can't help but get angry. It's natural to get angry when people misunderstand you, and that is something I have plenty of experience with, both with myself on the giving and receiving end. I didn't intend to sound like my opinion was the only thing that could possibly be correct. I believe quite the contrary to that.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SpartanChief17

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 31, 2017, 08:14:16 AMI'm not angry because you guys won't listen to my not-backed-up opinion. I would definitely trust any of you on this topic more than me. I just get very mad when people don't understand the way I mean things. I know It's completely my fault when people think I mean something one way, when I actually mean it another, but I can't help but get angry. It's natural to get angry when people misunderstand you, and that is something I have plenty of experience with, both with myself on the giving and receiving end. I didn't intend to sound like my opinion was the only thing that could possibly be correct. I believe quite the contrary to that.
I understand where you're coming from.  And it's fine.  I've done that before too.  You didn't sound too much to me what you are being accused of.  No enemy here.
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]