News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Part of me tells me it's not a bad thing to get into a relationship, to experiment with people to find out more about yourself and your interests. The other part tells me that you shouldn't get into a relationship unless it's going to be the person you plan on marrying.

(Sorry for changing the topic to myself, I just had some thoughts that might start some interesting discussion)

SuperFireKirby

Imo you need to be in few relationships before you're actually good at being in one. I found out how shitty of a boyfriend I made the first time I was in one (though I only realized it later on). Even my current relationship took a lot of work on my part to be good at it, going on 5 months together now. Obviously this isnt the same for everyone, but if you're an extremely independent individual like me, you'll most likely find some personal roadblocks regarding how you communicate with your partner.

My advice: If you see someone you fancy, ask them out! Being in a relationship can lead to a lot of personal growth, if you're willing!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Altissimo

lol u should absolutely have relationships that help you establish what you look for in a partner and realize how you act in a relationship, if you literally skip straight to "first relationship = marriage" then you're prooooobably not going to have a very good one. Lemme tell u if i had decided to stay with my first bf forever i'd have married an emotionally manipulative/abusive man with whom I had very few important things in common sooooo :^) :^) :^) :^) :^)

cashwarrior1

Okay, thanks for the advice!

AmpharosAndy

You've got to get it wrong before you can get it right XD
innit

braix

I know that a high school relationship will likely just be a waste of my time and energy. I'm honestly just not willing to sacrifice that into a relationship like that just "to experiment" or whatever. Also I'm probably just a shit partner anyway.

But I don't think it's very logical for me to assume that I could get into and sustain a great romantic relationship when I go to college or something. I can't even sustain a friend relationship; I sit outside by myself during lunch because I just don't want to interact with people.
Realistically, I'll probably just stay alone even out of high school. I don't have the experience necessary to make a friend, not to mention a girl/boyfriend. Still, I feel that I would rather spend my time being involved in other things besides relationships.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

The funny thing about making friends is that you don't need experience. Either you mesh or you don't. Assuming that you're never gonna have friends because you "don't have experience" is baloney. I mean, you're still here with us, right?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

AmpharosAndy

Yeah, we don't have to like you ;)
innit

braix

it's one thing on the internet, meeting someone in real life and talking to them is different
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

cashwarrior1

Being online is way more difficult; reading is hard, yo.

daj

edit: cut this cuz a stalker flagged it to me! no shame has been incurred and a meaningful moment was created, but just gonna bring this down for safe-keeping

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: daj on August 14, 2017, 12:02:14 AMIt's one of those rooms for one
what kind of college has these rooms
that aren't super expensive

QuoteJust wondering, and perhaps more so to the ladies out there...is there any other situation where you'd let a guy into your room and basically sit around with him for two hours? :p

snip
I think the best call in this situation is just to be honest. It seems like she's fairly comfortable around you, and you should let her know that you want to be in a relationship with her, but you feel like it's just not the optimal time due to the circumstances you described.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

Yeah, I mean, why not just say it? Tell her that thing you told us about what you want. Talk to her about it. Because what else are you gonna do except leave it hanging or somehow get into a commitment you didn't want to be in.

Tell her you like her but you don't think right now is the best time for you. Maybe go on an official date first or something, I dunno. Context. But don't abandon it and leave her not knowing why and you not knowing if.

You can't ruin it by being honest and mature.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 14, 2017, 12:22:32 AMwhat kind of college has these rooms
that aren't
super expensive
ftfy

Quote from: Zunawe on August 14, 2017, 01:14:57 AMYou can't ruin it by being honest and mature.
Genius

Theez guys know the bizniz
innit

SlowPokemon

Open and honest communication is key, don't just try to figure out if she's into you like a high schooler would. That's just dumb. Make a move or tell her how you feel or ask her how she feels like a grown-up.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.