News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

don't analyze your own response either. there's no sense in trying over hard to project a certain attitude tbh just be yourself and see if it works

LeviR.star

I managed to talk to her 3 times in the past 2 days! Kept my cool, and started a little conversation this morning with her about the Halloween Marching Band show we're doing. It went well.

Tuesday, I'm going to ask her to be my audience for practicing my All-State etudes.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dude

I'm sure she'll be honored to

SlowPokemon

I actually choked out "fuck" through my laughter when I read Dude's post
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Tobbeh99

I feel so pissed of about that girl that I thought was interested in me. Obviously nothing happened. And I feel so pissed of getting dragged into a bunch of bullshit and nonsense because of her. So fucked up! You've just watched "Tobbe gets tricked into crazy dumb adventure part 2" yay :D...
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down. You have a right to be upset, but it doesn't sound like it needs to be directed at her. You even say in this post you "thought" she was interested in you. People don't "trick" people into liking them just for the fun of watching them follow them around. Fine, I don't know the full truth and experience, but it sounds a lot like you're trying to blame somebody else for not liking you.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dudeman

Gotta agree with Zun here. If a relationship didn't work out, immediately blaming the other person is unfair and unwise. Step back and reflect on yourself a little. Relationships won't solve your problems; solving your problems can lead to relationships, though.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 15, 2017, 11:24:07 AMI feel so pissed of about that girl that I thought was interested in me. Obviously nothing happened. And I feel so pissed of getting dragged into a bunch of bullshit and nonsense because of her. So fucked up! You've just watched "Tobbe gets tricked into crazy dumb adventure part 2" yay :D...

Chiiiiiilll
what is shitpost

LeviR.star

Went to my marching band's Halloween Show this afternoon as Captain Jack Sparrow, complete with props and makeup. After the whole shebang, I walked up to Hallee and asked her, in my best Jack Sparrow accent, if she could direct me to the Fountain of Youth. She giggled and directed me to the water fountain.

I think I might be on the right track! :D
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

braix

Sorry this is unrelated, more about relationships in general instead of romantic. Nothing seems to really be working out for me in regards to relationships so I thought I might ask for advice here

Spoiler
I've never had any friends in school and recently I've been wanting to change that, so I tried making some this year(as a Junior in High School). I did kinda manage to make one friend last month(he moved here from the Philippines last year), but I barely hang out with him anymore because I end up just spending my lunch break chatting on Discord and studying in the computer lab while he plays basketball in the gym. Now we just kinda talk a bit in class and during passing period and I don't exactly feel like prioritizing this relationship over study.
I even made myself join a couple clubs this year, but as much as I'd like to, I haven't been able to force myself to talk to anybody/make any friends.
I've always told myself that it's okay, that I would just make friends in college where I'll be surrounded by more like-minded people. But I think I'm realizing now that it's totally just my fault that I can't get close to anybody; Of course it's nobody else's fault that I have no friends. I'm trying as hard as I can to break out of my comfort zone and talk to more people but I can't bring myself to get any closer to people than just the "acquaintance" level...
Guys, I'm totally a loner and I don't like how my social life is looking. I liked to put on a strong face like "wow I'm so cool I can live life alone, I don't need to waste time on other people", but I'm getting the feeling that I'm missing out on a really big part of life right now, I'm getting lonely, and my future looks even lonelier

TLDR: If there's anything more I can do to improve my social skills, I get the feeling that I should do it before I graduate High School. I know there isn't really a formula for making friends(unfortunately), but any tips you guys might have to help me get there would be great. I don't want to be lonely my whole life.
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm pretty much in that spot right now, except for college. There is no shortage of people I'm friendly with, but rather a lack of people I'm really friends with, except a couple people to varying degrees. My only advice is to just keep trying; even if you can only form a friend group with two other people, that's still something as long as those relationships are strong ones.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Zunawe on October 15, 2017, 02:50:16 PMWhoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down. You have a right to be upset, but it doesn't sound like it needs to be directed at her. You even say in this post you "thought" she was interested in you. People don't "trick" people into liking them just for the fun of watching them follow them around. Fine, I don't know the full truth and experience, but it sounds a lot like you're trying to blame somebody else for not liking you.

I think you guys are right. But it still really disturbs me.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

I was a total loner for awhile to until I realized two things: People wont hate you unless you do something to intentionally hurt them and that being anisocial is a choice. Sounds kind of dumb but it worked for me, self confidence and knowing what you really want takes you far in life.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Tobbeh99

Quote from: FireArrow on October 16, 2017, 01:45:05 AMSounds kind of dumb but it worked for me, self confidence and knowing what you really want takes you far in life.

Y I used to have that, until I completely lost it. Due to me having strong unpopular opinions, which lead me to completely bleak out/away my opinions at all, because of fear of getting into bad situation.

10/10 tobbeh

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 15, 2017, 11:28:56 PMI'm pretty much in that spot right now, except for college.
Snap

I'm just throwing dates and meets at people to try and get stuff going. If you ask what they're up to and they say 'not much' (as usual) that's when you say 'right then, I'll see you at eight!' Hopefully it should work XD
innit