News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

People are weird. The key to life is finding the weird people that don't hurt you.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

cashwarrior1

Not possible, lol. I think I'll have a better understanding of people once I get into college.

Splatoon Inkling

Yep very important. The person I'm thinking of possibly starting a relationship with seems to be much better of a person than the first few I've met. She is so fun, sweet, and caring. She's extraverted like me. lol. We have so much in common. I know she is a much better person than past girls I have liked. She is so my type. It is amazing, I never thought I'd meet someone quite like her.

BlackDragonSlayer

The jaded pessimist in me says that if someone seems too good to be true, they're probably too good to be true. Just... be on your toes.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Sebastian

Lol, this is so me^

BlackDragonSlayer

inb4 "who hurt you bds"

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

cashwarrior1

BlackDragonSlayer

WELL IT ALL STARTED WHEN I WAS 12...

...it's a long story.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Splatoon Inkling

Ok, well. I would still have to disagree with you somewhat. She actually does seem to be someone who is ok, I do look at character as well. I'm saying that I like her more than previous girls I have liked. It's not like I can even date her yet, right now it's best just to be a good friend for right now.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on May 07, 2019, 10:46:41 AMit's best just to be a good friend
Friend zone is a wonderful thing, don't aim for more than what's needed.

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 07, 2019, 11:14:23 AMFriend zone is a wonderful thing, don't aim for more than what's needed.
I'm confused. My mom said it's a good thing to start out as friends. Which well that's obvious it's a good start. I thought it was a terrible place to be though.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on May 07, 2019, 10:46:41 AMOk, well. I would still have to disagree with you somewhat. She actually does seem to be someone who is ok, I do look at character as well. I'm saying that I like her more than previous girls I have liked. It's not like I can even date her yet, right now it's best just to be a good friend for right now.
I'm telling you, I had a close friend who I thought was a kind, caring, non-judgemental person, and they turned out to be a selfish, lying, insincere, manipulative shitbag! There are people out there who put on facades all the time so that they can get what they want from people, and it's not always easy to tell the genuine people from the disingenuous. I'm not saying she's not a good person, I'm just cautioning you to not miss the red flags because you're head over heels in love.

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on May 07, 2019, 12:14:46 PMI'm confused. My mom said it's a good thing to start out as friends. Which well that's obvious it's a good start. I thought it was a terrible place to be though.
Personally, I think it's rare that a solid relationship could exist without first being good friends, which is why it's confusing to people when someone says they don't want to date you because you're friends. Chances are, if someone says that, they just don't want to tell you they're not attracted/are secretly repulsed by you.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 07, 2019, 10:25:49 AMWELL IT ALL STARTED WHEN I WAS 12...

...it's a long story.
NOW THIS IS A STORY ALL ABOUT HOW
MY HEART GOT TRICKED AND RIPPED RIGHT OUT
unmotivated

Splatoon Inkling

Yah I guess I see that. My mom said that her and dad have a good marriage because they were good friends in the first place. But my mom does say that she likes her and actually seems to be caring as she has a friend in a wheelchair that she helps out and other things.

cashwarrior1

(sorry to move the topic back to me)
Before dating my ex, we were friends but we never hung out, and as a result of dating, we're now best friends. I think it's near impossible to predict/prepare for what will happen in a relationship, which is part of the fun! So I'd say dive right into it and keep an open mind so that you can get the experience you need to learn about what you want in a relationship.

Quote from: mikey on May 07, 2019, 03:29:31 PMNOW THIS IS A STORY ALL ABOUT HOW
MY HEART GOT TRICKED AND RIPPED RIGHT OUT
THE STORY'S QUITE LONG
SO YOU SIT TIGHT
I'LL TELL YOU HOW I BECAME MISERABLE WITH DESPAIR.