Arr. contest 2 - The grand dance! SCORES UP!

Started by Cobraroll, February 11, 2012, 02:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite?

"Curly Swing" by Insaneintherain
3 (15.8%)
"Mad Monster Waltz" by Clanker37
0 (0%)
"Oceanic Museum Waltz" by Dahans
9 (47.4%)
"Mushroom Kingdom Folk Waltz" by MaestroUGC
1 (5.3%)
"Waltz on the Rails" by Olimar12345
5 (26.3%)
"Fairy Fountain Waltz" by Bespinben
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Cobraroll

Also, I don't think we need a limit of signups. One or two are guaranteed to drop out, and it would be a shame to have locked out people who wanted to participate. In the rare event that we get two dozen hand-ins, we'll just extend the judgring period accordingly (says the non-judgror...).

I'll send out IDs on the 25th, to comply with UGC's suggested schedule.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

I just wanted a good amount of people to sign up so we can get this thing going. If only 2 people showed interest then where's the fun in that?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

insaneintherain

I can tell that this is going to be a very fun thing.
EDIT: Cobra, you might want to update the front page for all the competitors.

MaestroUGC

Ok, start time will be 6:00 am GMT on Saturday, February 25. Or, if you don't feel like doing math, wait until I say go.

Dudeman

I'll do the math.
That's 10:00 pm February 24 PST, 11:00 pm February 24 MST, 12:00 am February 25 CST, 1:00 am February 25 EST, 7:00 am February 25 CET, and 2:00 pm February 25 WST. I think that covers everyone!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

insaneintherain

Quote from: Dudeman on February 23, 2012, 09:22:42 PMI'll do the math.
That's 10:00 pm February 24 PST, 11:00 pm February 24 MST, 12:00 am February 25 CST, 1:00 am February 25 EST, 7:00 am February 25 CET, and 2:00 pm February 25 WST. I think that covers everyone!
Good! Then I have free time.. mwahaha. *devilish grin*

MaestroUGC

And...Go!

Contest ends: March 27, 6:00am GMT. Here's a nice little Countdown for you to keep track of the time left. Boomark, favorite, do whatever so you don't lose track of time. Best of luck to all of you. PM your arrangments to Cobraroll when you've finished.

dahans

Just to make sure, how long are the arrangements supposed to be?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

"No minimum, but I think a total of three minutes would be a sufficient maximum, not counting eventual "eternal" loops (for example, a song can have a ten second intro, a 2:40 long part that can be repeated infinitely, and a ten second ending). If several people find this too hard to go within, we might stretch it."

From the previous round. Perhaps I should have put it in the first post here as well.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

insaneintherain

We can't change pieces mid-competition, right? XP

SlowPokemon

I'm sure we could. Just check it out with Maestro to be sure, though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

insaneintherain

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 26, 2012, 02:37:13 PMI'm sure we could. Just check it out with Maestro to be sure, though.
Alright. Was I supposed to recieve a PM with my ID, because I didn't get one...

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

Quote from: insaneintherain on February 26, 2012, 01:10:34 PMWe can't change pieces mid-competition, right? XP

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 15, 2012, 09:31:50 PMYes, just give me a link to YouTube to the piece.

Also, you all are free to change the piece you want to waltz-ify during the contest. Just be sure to let us know what the new piece is.

The contest won't start until we get about...6-8 people, and on top of that you have three weeks to get it done. I expect this to begin by at least next weekend, ending mid-March.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

insaneintherain

Quote from: Shadoninja on February 26, 2012, 03:17:36 PM
Okay. I thought I saw that phrase somewhere around here, I just didn't bother to look for it. =P