Arr. contest 2 - The grand dance! SCORES UP!

Started by Cobraroll, February 11, 2012, 02:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite?

"Curly Swing" by Insaneintherain
3 (15.8%)
"Mad Monster Waltz" by Clanker37
0 (0%)
"Oceanic Museum Waltz" by Dahans
9 (47.4%)
"Mushroom Kingdom Folk Waltz" by MaestroUGC
1 (5.3%)
"Waltz on the Rails" by Olimar12345
5 (26.3%)
"Fairy Fountain Waltz" by Bespinben
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

SlowPokemon

I thought they were all wonderfully lovely, even the Curly Swing. It was just a different style. I am partial to grand sweeping waltzes, though, with bouncing strings and flying flutes that just carry you through the piece.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

insaneintherain

I personally thought that the Mushroom Kingdom thing was a bit too long. Not to be a pessimist or anything, but I don't think that I'd want to waltz for that long of a time. The Fairy Fountain waltz was pretty cool, as was the Waltz on the Rails. Mad Monster was a bit cliché, but nevertheless cool. Oceanic was... meh. Pretty good, as was the signature piano. ;) Jazz... meh. Kinda works?

Dudeman

^Thus we all know which submission is yours, insane.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MaestroUGC

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting this much variety with the submissions. We have two orchestral waltzes, one for jazz band, one for string quartet, and one for piano. If only somebody arranged a waltz for organ, then the contest would've been complete. I can't wait to see who wins and gets all of the glory...which reall just amounts to bragging rights for a few weeks.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

insaneintherain

Raymondbl

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 19, 2012, 06:26:39 PMI thought they were all wonderfully lovely, even the Curly Swing. It was just a different style. I am partial to grand sweeping waltzes, though, with bouncing strings and flying flutes that just carry you through the piece.
^This

What would've made Curly Swing a strong competitor was if it was longer, had variations, and was slightly more virtuosic.  That's basically all that it was missing. 

I agree with Maestro the variety of submissions is great.

Just finished judgroring. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

insaneintherain

The variety was pretty cool. What would have made this even cooler was some sort of electronic thing. Ballroom + laser lights = epicness.

Nebbles

But waltzes are supposed to be more elegant. XD Or maybe I'm just old fashioned that way.

Ballroom techno waltzing...pftt..
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

insaneintherain

Arrrrgh. SO ANXIOUS! Which judgrors still have to finish?

Olimar12345

Quote from: Nebbles on March 19, 2012, 06:06:27 PMThe only one that didn't work was the Curly Swing... which is a shame. :C The others were lovely. There was one on there I DEFINITELY would waltz to with someone XD

What didn't you like about it? Or better yet, what "didn't work"?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

dahans

by now i think everyone knows the arranger of each piece^^. Insaneintherain... What didnt you like about the oceanic museum or the jazzy one?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Raymondbl

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 19, 2012, 07:37:02 PMWe have two orchestral waltzes, one for jazz band, one for string quartet, and one for piano.

No, it's one symphony, one Piano concerto, and then one for jazz band, one for string quartet, and one for piano. 

insaneintherain

Quote from: dahans on March 19, 2012, 10:33:42 PMby now i think everyone knows the arranger of each piece^^. Insaneintherain... What didnt you like about the oceanic museum or the jazzy one?
Not saying that I didn't love either of them, but there were a few things in the Oceanic Museum that kind of interrupted my "waltz" mode, such as the pauses, but that was the only thing. I didn't really like the minor section, but I guess that's developing the main melody. It was pretty epic, though. I feel that more time could have been put in the Jazz one, but it's very different from the others.

SlowPokemon

I felt like it strayed too far from the original melody.

Who hasn't judgrored yet?!?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Raymondbl