News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Arr. contest 2 - The grand dance! SCORES UP!

Started by Cobraroll, February 11, 2012, 02:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite?

"Curly Swing" by Insaneintherain
3 (15.8%)
"Mad Monster Waltz" by Clanker37
0 (0%)
"Oceanic Museum Waltz" by Dahans
9 (47.4%)
"Mushroom Kingdom Folk Waltz" by MaestroUGC
1 (5.3%)
"Waltz on the Rails" by Olimar12345
5 (26.3%)
"Fairy Fountain Waltz" by Bespinben
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

MaestroUGC

Yeah, I tanked on the popular vote as well, but I can't complain, I voted for Dahans as well.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

dahans

wow you have voted for me? That is a real honor for me, thanks a lot.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

MaestroUGC

I thought yours was the best, plus I wasn't going to vote for myself.

insaneintherain

Quote from: Clanker37 on April 02, 2012, 12:49:33 AMI expected to be so bad that Cobra would look at it and be like "WTF if this shit?" and reject me :3
Wow. Maybe raise the bar?

MaestroUGC

Cobra had no say in what was submitted, he just compiled and redirected the arrangements to the judges.

Ruto

Quote from: Cobraroll on April 01, 2012, 01:39:34 AMThe popular vote was added in "Mario Kart" style, with the piece with the most votes getting 10 points, the second got 8, and so on. I thought I had explained it in my post, but oh well. I don't think the results would have been different if the votes were applied directly, giving one point each.

Sounds like maybe a rubric style scoring could be used next time, it might help with the scores being too close to full points. Not to be really mean, but if something is 1/5 of your expectations, you should just give them that...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Based on that I would totally edit my judging. I just don't want to hurt peoples' feelings.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

The point of being a judge is to assign a score based entirely on what was presented, not on what that might implicate. I think only one person actually did that this time around.

Olimar12345

Lol, did anyone else notice that Maestro and I kept our names in the file info?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Raymondbl

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 02, 2012, 07:40:27 PMThe point of being a judge is to assign a score based entirely on what was presented, not on what that might implicate. I think only one person actually did that this time around.
who?
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 31, 2012, 02:33:32 PMI only gave out 1 perfect rating in one of the categories, out of ALL of the pieces.
Who indeed...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Raymondbl

I don't know, my initial expectations were pretty low.  I didn't expect this community to be so talented.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness