News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Vote Here for NSM Theme Song!

Started by Sirus, April 22, 2008, 04:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you think is the best?  download songs below in the post!

Song 1
2 (11.8%)
Song 2
9 (52.9%)
Song 3
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: April 26, 2008, 04:35:15 PM

Sirus

Please dont say what song you voted for
lets keep the secrecy of the vote

Song1
Song2
Song3
also
For song 1 + 3 it shows up as something else but it should save as NSM theme song, etc. MP3 file
for song 2 for some reason it loads really slowly
and for song 2 if you want to keep it ur going to have to open it by right clicking and clicking save target as... and click save b/c if you press start download it would pop up as quicktime
thanks
if you have technical difficulties tell me!

MasterPenguin

Whoops. Not supposed to say what we voted for.

Sirus

its ok
you can say after i lock the poll on April 26

Akiro

You should have it as a requirement to listen to the whole song or people will just listen to the first 5 seconds and stop it.

By the way, the reason Song 2 is slow is because someone made it a wav file.

KefkaticFanatic

Its just my opinion, but all these songs are pretty boring and bland.  They don't seem very exciting for the most part, and the sound quality is meh. 

me irl
[close]

vgmfreak

I have to agree with gamer. One of them was ok, but it's not what I expected. It's not even worth transcribing to be played on the piano. You just don't feel "liven" up. Although it was worth a try I guess. Needs more complexity.

Akiro

Go get a life, like you guys ever composed something that is orchestrated.

KefkaticFanatic

Akiro, stop being a moron.  It's my personal opinion, and apparently some other guys think so as well.  You're only saying this because you've decided that you hate me and will insult everything I say.  Also, I actually HAVE composed a few songs with Garageband at school, so boo sucks to you.

me irl
[close]

Korados

Song two doesn't work on my comp. I can hear three tones and that's it.

Harvest

Well they are pretty good and if I composed them I would be pretty proud of myself (since I've never composed anything) but I can't really see how anything would fit as a theme song.

I don't really see how a site can have a theme song..
-

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Harvest on April 23, 2008, 11:56:34 AMI can't really see how anything would fit as a theme song.
I don't really see how a site can have a theme song..

Exactly my thoughts Harvest.

me irl
[close]

vgmfreak

Akiro it's called constructive criticism. Trust me, they'll be saying the exact samething at Ichigos.com so your argument fails. Ok I'll explain it constructively ichigo style.

Anyways, looks like #1 is losing. We all know why, no need to explain. Tips from ichigos for you

#2 and 3 are on par. I like #2 but the ending is incomplete (it's the harp), but you get a point for keeping it happy sounding as it represents NSM.

#3 does NOT fit in with the theme of NSM at all. The intro is what people will be first hearing and will be judging. I don't like it because it sounds melancholy. After that I'm like ok it's making some progress... but all of a sudden it plays loud and depressing around 00:42. Sirus said it could be anything. I disagree, NSM is suppose to be upbeat and active. Take a look at vgmusic's theme song jingle. It's perfect for their theme. It starts out happy and brilliant and people will guess vgmusic IS happy and brilliant.

The WORST mistake for #1. The Mario Theme. I see controversies and disputes down the road. *This theme song is property of NSM" Huh!? what's Mario doing in there then? You should say property of NSM and Nintendo instead! However it doesn't feel right to incorporate another company's brand into your own theme song. You want it to be unique and be the property of your site, not some other companies with it. Plus you need permission to use it in your theme song as well.

The music tells a scene, it does not tell you so you cannot compose whatever you like. If it's a battle theme, then make it a battle theme. If it's an NSM theme, then make it an NSM theme, by now you should know what NSM is like. If NSM were to be jazzy, then make it jazzy, but it isn't jazzy so jazz isn't a good idea. You are not writing for yourself, you are writing for NSM. NSM is not depressed or full of haters which #3 is conveying. You do not want the public to think that way as their first guess when they hear it.

Please think wisely before voting. Do not vote because it sounds great. Vote for the one that SHOULD match with NSM's theme. It has to be memorable also.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

razer84

Quote from: gamer4251 on April 23, 2008, 07:02:47 AMAlso, I actually HAVE composed a few songs with Garageband at school...

Garageband rules! yay Apple!

damn commies.

evilsqueaky