A Little Question Regarding Zelda....

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, February 22, 2012, 07:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetstar The Flygon

I'm a newbie to Zelda, but I think I may wanna become a full-blown fan. Which game(s) would befit one of little experience?   

(Note: I have a Wii and a 3DS, and I already have Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time 3D.)
(Other note: I have a habit of freaking out* when I come across anything above mild violence.)

*Shrieking, throwing wii remote/3DS, running out of room, etc.

Shadoninja

You definitely need to play A Link to the Past. You should be able to get it on the Wii Virtual Console.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Wrydryn

What do you mean by violence? You're always hitting things with your sword in the games.

But the Minish Cap is always nice for the GBA if you can get your hands on one.

Winter

Majora's Mask. The least scary of the Zelda games. Download it on the Wii Shop Channel

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Fleetstar The Flygon

Quote from: Wrydryn on February 22, 2012, 07:35:14 PMWhat do you mean by violence? You're always hitting things with your sword in the games.

But the Minish Cap is always nice for the GBA if you can get your hands on one.
Well, I guess as long as the other end of the sword isn't sticking out of a poor monster's back it's alright...  :)

So,  Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Link to the Past.. I think my shopping list is satisfactory.

spitllama

^^ no it doesn't do that, there's no blood or anything either

:O You should play through the whole series in order of TIMELINE and not in order of creation!.... that would be cool to hear about.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

the_last_sheikah

If you're against more than mild violence, stay away from Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask. (Trust me)
Ocarina of Time is always a good start, it's one of the best in the series.
I would suggest either Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, or Spirit Tracks for a beginner.
You could easily download a Rom and the Visual Boy Advanced emulator for Minish Cap if you can't get hard copies.
I hope you come to obsess over enjoy the series as much as I do.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

spitllama

I don't know if I'd suggest Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks... they just pull so far away from the traditional way of playing the games.

Maybe do those later.
Submissions Page

Fleetstar The Flygon

Thanks to you all for your helpful and unexpectedly speedy tips! 
So if I did it in order of timeline, would I need to start w/ Skyward Sword? Or is that too traumatizing?

Winter

spitllama

Submissions Page

Fleetstar The Flygon

:D Good, 'cause I was eying that game for a while.
You know what? I'm going to sleep on it. Maybe I'll have some sort of fortune-telling dream that will guide me to the right game. One never knows.

FallenPianist

Quote from: Fleetstar The Flygon on February 22, 2012, 08:08:07 PMfortune-telling

My brain immediately showed me a picture of that weird guy in the market. But yeah, SS is a great game to start with.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book