News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Best and Worst: Video Game Endings!

Started by K-NiGhT, February 23, 2012, 04:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Post your number one favorite and number one least favorite ending to a video game here!

Favorite: PMD
Played through the main story about 7 times now. Cried every damn time! So emotional :(

Least Favorite: Soulcalibur V
The two main characters sound like a married couple rather than a brother and sister (the latter of which they actually are.) so of course they go live together for the rest of their miserable lives and have kids with 11 toes.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SlowPokemon

GAMES WITH AMAZING ENDINGS
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga/Partners in Time/Bowser's Inside Story
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Professor Layton and the Curious Village/Diabolical Box/Unwound Future/Last Specter (especially the first three)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: All

GAMES WITH NOT SO AMAZING ENDINGS
Luigi's Mansion...mostly I just hate how it makes you restart actually
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on February 23, 2012, 04:44:00 PMPost your number one favorite and number one least favorite ending to a video game here! I'll post mine a little later.

SlowPokemon

That's stupid though, I can't just pick one. Ugh, probably Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, but Unwound Future was more emotionally moving. And BIS was just funny.

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

insaneintherain

Legend of Zelda PH.

It had good music and a good story, but there's nothing that happens when you win!

SuperFireKirby

Best:
Dark Cloud 2 - Of course you'd expect me to pick this, but the ending is possibly one of the greatest highlights of the entire game. It is completely satisfying, brought me to nearly to tears with how sad it is, and they give you a giant bonus dungeon to go through in case so you wouldn't be able to cite "IT ENDS" as a bad thing about the game's ending.

Worst:
Fable III - the ending was pretty really stupid and there is almost nothing to do besides attempt to collect all the keys/gnomes/books/flowers afterwords, unless you buy the DLCs.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Winter

DonValentino

Best ending: Pikmin 2. I never expected that Louie would be lost on the Pikmin planet and you could play with the President! And the real final ending is so heartwarming, with all those Pikmin glowing...  :'(

K-NiGhT

SlowPokemon

Duuuuude, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future has an ending ten times more sad than Mystery Dungeon, though both made me cry like a baby. I love all of these games.

SuperFireKirby

Level-5 is extremely talented at making us feel sad.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 24, 2012, 07:51:09 PMDuuuuude, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future has an ending ten times more sad than Mystery Dungeon, though both made me cry like a baby. I love all of these games.
I really wish i had gotten into Professor Layton games :(

Olimar12345

The first Pikmin will always have a special place in my heart :3

Hmmm...I think out of all the games I've played the one with the worst ending imo was Children of Mana.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Cobraroll

I remember I used to be quite frustrated with the ending of Super Mario Sunshine. At 30 stars, you could get sunglasses. After you beat Bowser, you could get sunglasses and a funky Hawaii shirt. After you had got all 120 stars, and beat Bowser... nothing. Not even a pat on the back as a recognition that all the Shines were collected. You didn't get to meet Elvin Gadd. No new funky things to wear. The Shine Gate just sat there boring like usual. Peach didn't come back. You didn't even get a Flying Nozzle. It was all just "you know, we stopped caring after you got Bowser the first time". At least Pokémon R/B/Y gave you a diploma for catching all the Pokémon.

The Wind Waker's ending is quite good, I think. After living "on life support" for centuries, kept intact though essentially dead, Hyrule is finally lost to oblivion. Its last king decides to stay in the deep. Ganondorf is dead. The Master Sword has finally found its last resting place (Ganondorf's frontal lobe). And Link and his new friends embark on a new adventure, roaming the seas to see what's on the other side. And the ending theme was quite sweet as well.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.