News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Best and Worst: Video Game Endings!

Started by K-NiGhT, February 23, 2012, 04:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabbemannen

I finished Lufia: Return of the Legend yesterday, and the ending was really touching, kinda long, but touching.
Definitely one of my favorite RPG's I've played (I like these ones, FFII is also up there from the "birdview-RPG" category)

Anyone else knows of any nice RPG's for the NES/GB/GBC that isn't Final Fantasy? (I think I've cleaned them out already)

blueflower999

Quote from: fabbemannen on April 23, 2012, 07:05:03 AMI finished Lufia: Return of the Legend yesterday, and the ending was really touching, kinda long, but touching.
Definitely one of my favorite RPG's I've played (I like these ones, FFII is also up there from the "birdview-RPG" category)

Anyone else knows of any nice RPG's for the NES/GB/GBC that isn't Final Fantasy? (I think I've cleaned them out already)
Do you use an emulator or the actual thing?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Jub3r7

Quote from: fabbemannen on April 23, 2012, 07:05:03 AMI finished Lufia: Return of the Legend yesterday, and the ending was really touching, kinda long, but touching.

Tales of Symphonia, Tales of etc.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

fabbemannen

Quote from: blueflower999 on April 23, 2012, 03:04:16 PMDo you use an emulator or the actual thing?
Meboy and NEScube phone emulators, I didn't grew up with Nintendo. I've been hoping to buy my neighbor's NES
Quote from: Jub3r7 on April 23, 2012, 03:34:14 PMTales of Symphonia, Tales of etc.
as far as I know, none of them are for the NES/GBC ^^

Pikminmaniac

-Ever since the ending to Wind Waker I've never found a conclusion so touching and so comepletely satisfying/fitting in all my life. Wind Waker was pure gaming art IMO

-I treasure every second of both Pikmin games so I must give those a mention... Can't wait for this E3

-The first inFAMOUS had a very surprising plot twist and it wasn't just one of those cheap WTF moments the story tellers through out of nowhere. The ending fit perfectly with everything you did in the game.

-an unsatisfying ending would be Uncharted 2... The story was bad to begin with and then it just dropped in quality as it got closer to the credits.

blueflower999

Quote from: fabbemannen on April 24, 2012, 05:23:28 AMMeboy and NEScube phone emulators, I didn't grew up with Nintendo.
I would recommend Mother 1/EarthBound Zero for it then.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Roz~

Just finished Radiant Historia, the ending was great.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

fabbemannen

Quote from: blueflower999 on April 24, 2012, 03:07:17 PMI would recommend Mother 1/EarthBound Zero for it then.
Already finished it, great game ;D
Now I got a "smart"-phone anyhow, so I can play some other generations now. I still love my old phone better, buttons > touchscreen

Yugi

Well considering that this topic was bumped I might as well list my favourites.

Best: Final Fantasy VI: All of the characters in this game are pretty memorable, and they use their different talents to be able to get out of Kefka's Tower, also, the Ending theme is pretty awesome. Easily better than the "great" Final Fantasy VII.

Worst: Call of Duty, Black Ops: I don't know how this got best video game ending. IT SUCKS. 

SlowPokemon

I think PMD is emotional because of the repetition of the gameplay and how long it takes to go through the story--nothing monumental really happens, but you feel like you are the main character after enduring hours upon hours of dungeon crawling, and seeing your best friend cope with your death is just too much, especially with the flashbacks that are actually incredibly realistic depictions of everyday events with your friends.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 10, 2013, 07:16:33 PMI think PMD is emotional because of the repetition of the gameplay and how long it takes to go through the story--nothing monumental really happens, but you feel like you are the main character after enduring hours upon hours of dungeon crawling, and seeing your best friend cope with your death is just too much, especially with the flashbacks that are actually incredibly realistic depictions of everyday events with your friends.
Best

Yugi

SlowPokemon

The final final ending of Virtue's Last Reward.

Spoiler
I'm pretty sure the consciousness inhabiting Kyle's body is supposed to be you (the player) but I'm not totally certain. This game is such a mindfuck.
[close]
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Contra's ending sux. XP
Bulbear! Blueflower999