News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Blueflower's Gaming Blog and Reviews

Started by blueflower999, March 27, 2012, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Ace Attorney lists should I do after ranking the cases?

Rank the characters (or top 10/20 characters)
4 (17.4%)
Rank the breakdowns
3 (13%)
Top 10/20 songs
4 (17.4%)
Rank the villains/murderers
1 (4.3%)
Rank the character themes
2 (8.7%)
Don't do another Ace Attorney list
9 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

blueflower999

Table of Contents:

Games:

By Order Reviewed

By Console

Specials:

Lists (Top 10, Top 20, etc.)

Game Analyses

So my friends know me as a very opinionated person who easily forms a belief about something and sticks with it. But that's not going to stop me from doing what I love doing; rating things. I'm going to rate Nintendo video games in various areas and give them a score out of ten overall. If you have a suggestion for a game that I should play/review, please let me know. And remember that all this is just my opinion, and if you don't agree, please don't crucify me. I have a tenancy to be against the common beliefs.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl:

Because I don't want to start with my favorite game of all time, and I certainly don't want to start with my least favorite, I'll start with one that almost everyone should know: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl:

Gameplay: 7/10 Pretty good, I think. Kept me going until I beat the Elite Four, which gave a n00b Pokemon player like me quite some trouble in this game, even though I beat the Elite Four in Black and White on my first try.

Addictiveness: 6/10 Good enough to get me to finish it, not high enough to make me play it again. (I hate replaying games.) It's just another Pokemon game, and I would rather replay Black and White if I had to because of all the new features.

Story: Wasn't too original at most parts, but I did like the parts with Buck and Heatran, Team Galactic attacking the 3 lakes, and the Spear Pillar.

Music: 8/10 I liked the music in this game quite a lot. My favorites were the Wild Pokemon Battle, Sunnyshore City's theme, the Pokemon Evolution theme, the GTS theme, and especially Route 209, among others. Here are my top picks for this game:
Route 209
[close]
Dialga/Palkia's Battle Theme
[close]
Arceus Battle Theme
[close]
(Technically this song can't be accessed without cheating, but I love it anyway!)
Sunnyshore City Theme
[close]
Wild Pokemon Battle Theme
[close]

Character Design: 3/10 Other than the standard rival, there really weren't that many memorable characters in Diamond and Pearl for me, except for Team Galactic and Cyrus, who I hated. They were a good villain design, imo.

Humor: 3/10 Other than the Pokemon name puns, I didn't really find this game very funny.

Difficulty: 5/10 For a Pokemon game, it was somewhat challenging for me to beat. This may have been due to the fact that is was one of the first games I ever really played. I got stuck for a REALLY long time once, which I hated, and the Elite Four was a pain to beat, but it wasn't really that challenging otherwise.

Other Memorable Features: I loved the underground multi-player playing, and just digging underground in general. I also loved the GTS, the Battle Tower, and shining my badges with the stylus.

Overall: 8/10 All in all, a very good game, and probably the best traditional Pokemon game I've played. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to try out Pokemon for the first time, because it's a great intro to the series.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Good rating! I love reading other peoples' reviews, especially if they're well thought out. I probably would have given the game a bit  higher, but I'm kind of a Pokemon fanboy. Diamond/Pearl are my least favorite games of the series, but I do love them.

E: Oh yeah and all the route music in this game is absolutely fantastic. As far as music goes, this game is pretty high on the Pokemon list.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 27, 2012, 05:18:50 PME: Oh yeah and all the route music in this game is absolutely fantastic. As far as music goes, this game is pretty high on the Pokemon list.
Exactly what I was thinking when I wrote this list. I had a lot more favorite songs, but I didn't want to add them to avoid making the review too long.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Nonono, your review was great. Not too long-winded is often a good thing. :P

blueflower999

Portal 2:

For my second review, I'll review a game I just completed last week, Portal 2:

Gameplay: 6/10 I usually don't like puzzle games, but this one was very clever, always had unique ways of looking at the puzzle, and had many elements to the puzzles that made them fun to do; such as the Faith Plates and Conversion Gels.

Addictiveness: 7/10 While the puzzles weren't too addictive for me, the humor, creativity, and story kept me going until I beat it. I might play it again, someday. (If I can figure out why Steam kept crashing...)

Story: 9/10 For a puzzle game, Portal 2 had a VERY nice storyline with good twists at points. Considering there were really only 3 or 4 characters, it had a great plot.

Music: 5/10 Unfortunately, this game didn't really have any music during the actual game that caught my attention. However, the credits theme "Want You Gone" was outstanding, and it made me wish that the music writers would have put other catchy songs like it in the game. EDIT: I have discovered a song in the game that I like! The music in the final chapter, "The Part Where He Kills You", is very good and ominous. Here are my top picks:
Want You Gone (Credits)
[close]
Chapter 9
[close]
Cara Mia
[close]

Character Design: 9/10 The characters were awesome. Simply amazing. I'm sure many of you have heard of GLaDOS, who is, according to IGN, the #1 villain of all time, and after playing this game, I can see where they're coming from. She had a great sense of humor, especially for a robot. Wheatley and Cave Johnson had me rolling on the floor laughing as well. A few more characters would have been appreciated, but having only a few does indeed make it easier to keep track of all of them.

Humor: 10/10 As stated above, this game was simply hilarious. There are so many quotable things in this game that it would take me forever to list them.

Difficulty: 8/10 I stank at this game. It was nowhere near Battle Toads impossible, but I did have to use a walkthrough to beat it.

Other Memorable Features: SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Overall: 8/10 Very good game, would recommend it to anyone, especially if you're a fan of puzzle games, but even if you're not it's still worth to play it for the humor. The level design is ingenious, and the dialogue is hysterical. If only Valve could count to three...
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

I really do want to play this game! I have a friend who loves it.

REQUEST (if you want): Any Professor Layton game...some of them are quite cheap as they've been out for a while

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 28, 2012, 02:42:21 PMREQUEST (if you want): Any Professor Layton game...some of them are quite cheap as they've been out for a while
They're puzzle, right? Do you have a particular one that you recommend? I have a Wii and a DS.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Hmm they're all so fantastic...

Unwound Future is probably the best, but I also recommend Diabolical Box and Last Specter (really whichever's cheapest, though Unwound Future probably has the best story)

EFitTrainr

I like food.

blueflower999

^I probably will review that sometime, I just didn't want to start with it because I'm easily biased.  ;)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

blueflower999

Mother 3:

Because Shadowkirby asked for it, I'll do Mother 3. Probably my second favorite game of all time, this RPG combines humor and a saddening story to make for one of the most touching game ever. While I do love this game a lot, I will try my hardest not to give it 10/10 for everything, because it's not perfect, and I want to review with as little bias as possible.

Gameplay: 8/10 For an RPG, the actual gameplay is somewhat standard, with a few creative twists put in to make to more unique. For instance, when you attack enemies from the back, it results in you getting a surprise attack on them, and viewing a back sprite for a turn, until they turn around. Sound battles also make for a challenge. Tapping the A button to the beat of one of the many battle songs in the game allows for you to combo attack the enemy.

Addictiveness: 9/10 As described above, it's very fun just to practice combo-ing to enemies battle songs. The story and great music, as well as the humor, hooks people onto this game, and I have played it  twice through already and am currently playing it a third time.

Story: 10/10 Probably this game's strongest point, the story in Mother 3 is absolutely phenominal. If someone hasn't already spoiled it to you, there is a very good chance that you will cry at the end. No spoilers, but it's a very sad and well thought out game that tugs at my emotions.

Music: 10/10 IMO, the music is this games second strongest point. From intense metal boss battle music to epic overworld themes, from sad elegies to common enemy battle songs, this game's music is very catchy and well composed. I'm upset that not very many people have arranged Mother 3 music for the main site. (Thank you Shadowkirby.) There are SO MANY amazing songs in this game, but here are just a few samples of Mother 3's musical greatness:

More Dangerous Guys (Enemy Battle Theme)
[close]
One Of The Final Battle Themes (Don't look if you haven't played the game!)
[close]
With My Father-In-Law
[close]
Fate (Battle Theme)
[close]
Natural Killer Cyborg Theme (Another Boss Theme)
[close]
Misplaced/Unfounded Revenge
[close]

Character Design: 9/10 When I mean good character design, it means that the game has villains that make you hate their guts and good characters that make you love them to pieces. That's what Mother 3 has in abundance. There are a few characters don't don't develop as much as I'd like, but that's OK.

Humor: 10/10 This game cracks me up. From hilarious pop-culture references to wacky NPC dialogue, this game is just as funny as Portal 2, if not funnier.

Difficulty: 7/10 Compared to Mother 2, which was a cake walk, I was surprised that Mother 3 was actually somewhat challenging. Not anywhere near what other RPG series are like, but it was fairly hard and I did lose many boss battles on my first try.

Other Memorable Features: Mr. Saturn and Dr. Andonuts return, which was a delight. The Cast Roll is as nostalgic as ever.

Overall: 10/10 An absolutely amazing game. I highly recommend it, especially if you're a fan of the RPG. Then you simply must play it.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Mr. Saturn

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 30, 2012, 07:57:56 AMBecause Shadowkirby asked for it, I'll do Mother 3, probably my second favorite game of all time, this RPG combines humor and a saddening story to make for one of the most touching game ever. While I do love this game a lot, I will try my hardest not to give it 10/10 for everything, because it's not perfect, and I want to review with as little bias as possible.

Gameplay: 8/10 For an RPG, the actual gameplay is somewhat standard, with a few creative twists put in to make to more unique. For instance, when you attack enemies from the back, it results in you getting a surprise attack on them, and viewing a back sprite for a turn, until they turn around. Sound battles also make for a challenge. Tapping the A button to the beat of one of the many battle songs in the game allows for you to combo attack the enemy.

Addictiveness: 9/10 As described above, it's very fun just to practice combo-ing to enemies battle songs. The story and great music, as well as the humor, hooks people onto this game, and I have played it  twice through already and am currently playing it a third time.

Story: 10/10 Probably this game's strongest point, the story in Mother 3 is absolutely phenominal. If someone hasn't already spoiled it to you, there is a very good chance that you will cry at the end. No spoilers, but it's a very sad and well thought out game that tugs at my emotions.

Music: 10/10 IMO, the music is this games second strongest point. From intense metal boss battle music to epic overworld themes, from sad elegies to common enemy battle songs, this game's music is very catchy and well composed. I'm upset that not very many people have arranged Mother 3 music for the main site. (Thank you Shadowkirby.)

Character Design: 9/10 When I mean good character design, it means that the game has villains that make you hate their guts and good characters that make you love them to pieces. That's what Mother 3 has in abundance.

Humor: 9/10 This game cracks me up. From hilarious pop-culture references to wacky NPC dialogue, this game is just as funny as Portal 2, if not funnier.

Difficulty: 7/10 Compared to Mother 2, which was a cake walk, I was surprised that Mother 3 was actually somewhat challenging. Not anywhere near what other RPG series are like, but it was fairly hard and I did lose many boss battles on my first try.

Other Memorable Features: Mr. Saturn and Dr. Andonuts return, which was a delight. The Cast Roll is as nostalgic as ever.

Overall: 9/10 A very good game overall. I highly recommend it, especially if you're a fan of the RPG. Then you simply must play it.
B @ 1 |\| G
hihihi Y0u C@|\/|3 BUY!NG???

blueflower999

XD

1 L@V3 |\/| R .  5 /\ T V R |\|
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Raymondbl

I'm starting to think he's not a bot.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!