Café Crossroads - A Great NSM Story (Discussion)

Started by DrP, April 24, 2012, 11:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should be the focal point of the next story arc?

Colin
1 (16.7%)
Colette
0 (0%)
Alex
0 (0%)
Parker
1 (16.7%)
Willa
1 (16.7%)
Kat
0 (0%)
Dylan
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

DrP

So, I am in the process of creating a "new" Great NSM story. (It will be posted on another thread later as this becomes a discussion thread).

I'm looking for people who want in, besides the people who I've already contacted/added to the list.

It is a story that takes place mainly at a café in Seattle, Washington. (That's all I will reveal about the main story line)

ALSO, people in the story will be given fake names to be put into the story. It's up to you to guess who the person is.

The Story has been posted to THIS THREAD

Current NSMers:
Me (DrP)
Nebbles
Roz~
ETF
SFK
Spitllama
Slow
Ruto
Winter
Dude
Wry
K-NiGhT
Olimar
Jub3r7
Mashi
JaMaHa
Concerto
Kefka
Shadowkirby
Blueflower
Maestro

Main Character Bios: Please don't spoil yourself if you think you know who you are. Let's wait until the story comes out.
Colin - Owner of Café Crossroads. Born and raised on Long Island, Colin wanted to move elsewhere, away from the rural land. After graduating from the UCSD with a degree in Accounting, Colin departed to France to work for an accounting firm. He decided to take cooking classes in the morning before work and fell in love with making pastries. After spending 4 years in public accounting, he quit his job, moved to Seattle and opened Café Crossroads, with his new recipes and his creativity. After a vacation to China with Parker, Colin added a tea oriented menu and created Seattle's first tea house inside a café

Willa - Regular customer of Café Crossroads. A professor at the University of Washington, Willa is often found reading novels and grading papers (much to her chagrin), usually sipping many cups of tea and the occasional cup of coffee. She always her spot in the café and generally has small conversations with other regulars. She enjoys helping Colin in the kitchen from time to time because she loves to bake. She enjoys helping others, too and gives her time helping get people to give blood and various causes that help the environment.

Katherine - Katherine, who goes by Kat, is the new girl on the block. She feels comfortable by Colin's happy attitude and the amazing eclairs (Café Crossroads' specialty). She takes a while to warm up to everyone, but enjoys everyone's company in the café. Her goal is to make a NPO in Idaho where animals from abusive homes can go to live happily on a large piece of land, a true sanctuary for them to live.

Parker - Parker is one of the newer regulars. He is generally sticks to himself or sometimes has a conversation with Willa. Parker lives out in Redmond, in a large, modern house on 25 acres of land (with a lake included). He enjoys being out in nature, and enjoys hiking around his property, fishing in his lake, producing wine on his vineyard and growing his own fruits and vegetables. He prefers to support local enterprises rather than going to many grocery stores (though he can be found in a Trader Joes constantly). He is the chief botanist for King County, so he is involved with making sure the plant life in the county remains undisturbed. He also sits on the Washington State LEED Board. 

Jack - Jack is an employee of Colin, enjoying his work because of the laid-back atmosphere and the fact that Colin often imparts wisdom on him (even though Colin is only four years older than him). Colin has taught him lots of things about making drinks and making food to impress those around him. He is a graduate student at the University of Washington. He often spends his free time reading, going to symphony and opera performances and going on "shopping trips" to the Public Market down the street. Though he claims it's to "get out and about", but he really performs music there with friends from school. He is of the awkward type, not really knowing what to do in social situations. He is generally friendly and cares about your well-being, if he knows you.

Dylan - Dylan is Colin's best friend. They went to UCSD together in California and were in the same major. 

Colette - Though born in San Francisco, her family moved to Montreal for six years before returning back. She went to the University of Oregon and got a degree in Finance and then went to grad school and got her LLM. (rest of bio would get rid of plot in story)

Side Character Bios: Updated as story is released to "la publique"
Katie - Colin's girlfriend starting in Episode 4. Note, her character's "essence" is not based on a person currently on NSM. She is generally a great person, just "good". She is tall (5'11") and has brown hair and deep blue eyes. She works from home for REI, the outdoor sporting goods company. Her role is to find new equipment for their skiing and running sporting lines.

*DISCLAIMER* These characters use elements from the bios I was given and I made new characters based on people.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

MaestroUGC

I'm assuming this will be in a Not Starbucks.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

EFitTrainr

I like food.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Ruto

Sounds interesting xD

*Starbucks? I've never even been inside one!*

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

You could literally sit there smelling the coffee for hours
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Wrydryn

So what's the story going to be about then? Interesting still none-the-less.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Mashi

Only if I can drink tea instead of coffee.  The latter is not genteel at all!

Wrydryn

Don't worry Mashi, we can get tea one way or another!

SlowPokemon

I had a delicious hot cup of tea last night. I burned my mouth though. :(
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: Mashi on April 25, 2012, 07:30:33 PMOnly if I can drink tea instead of coffee.  The latter is not genteel at all!
But the former requires a larger amount to wake me up in the morning.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 25, 2012, 07:37:42 PMI had a delicious hot cup of tea last night. I burned my mouth though. :(
As you have to tell Brewster... It's Gotta Cool.

Quote from: Wrydryn on April 25, 2012, 07:12:05 PMSo what's the story going to be about then? Interesting still none-the-less.
I can't reveal that information.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 25, 2012, 01:13:12 PMI'm assuming this will be in a Not Starbucks.
You can assume away. Would you like to be in?

--
I will be releasing a teaser soon with the bios of two of the main characters!!! (Probably Sunday night)

The tentative release date of the first part will be towards the end of May.

Mashi

I'm rather sure that the caffeine content of tea and coffee are nearly the same, actually.  But whichever suits your penchant!

EDIT: After about 30 seconds of research, it seems that the amount of caffeine within tea and coffee can actually vary greatly depending a variety of factors.  My mistake.