Once Upon A Time

Started by Nana1Popo2, May 08, 2012, 08:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

I talk about this show at school with a few friends and watch it with my family. Does anyone watch this show? It appears on ABC? It is a fantastic show, I believe, and decided to bring it to the forums!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time_(TV_series)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SlowPokemon

Omg I was just about to come make a topic about this. My brother watched it last year, and he bought the first season, so we're watching it.

I just finished episode 17 "Hat Trick," I am really into this show. I was worried from the first few episodes after the pilot, but it's really hooking me.

The episodes "Skin Deep" and "Hat Trick" are undoubtedly the best of the bunch thus far in the series. I loved the backstories of Belle and the Hatter. However, I feel for every few good episodes there are filler episodes that aren't even the least bit entertaining (i.e., "Dreamy," which was particularly slow and didn't add anything to the series for me. The good episodes are good enough that they make up for the meh ones, though.

...I'm really wondering how loose ends like Belle and the underground mine are going to be explained though. I really hope that this series doesn't fail in its next season, because I feel like there's a lot of potential...hm.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Spyro

It looks really horrible and everything they say one the previews is stuff that NO ONE would ever say cause it's so dramatic. Personally, I loved Desperate Housewives, but it's canceled now.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Spyro on September 08, 2012, 03:21:16 PMstuff that NO ONE would ever say cause it's so dramatic. Desperate Housewives
AHEM.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Lol moron... desperate housewives is so much more realistic. Also way to judge it without seeing it.

Spyro

Well, I mean it isn't realistic either, but it seems way more realistic than this show. I guess the fantasy part of this show doesn't help the "realisticness".

MaestroUGC

Did he just say a fantasy show was unrealistic?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 08, 2012, 04:57:05 PMLol moron... desperate housewives is so much more realistic. Also way to judge it without seeing it.
Not sure if you're making a rude comment to me or are making a caustic remark at Spyro. But if it's the former, I have seen Desperate Housewives. So overly dramatic, not even funny.

But I must say, I'm intrigued about Once Upon A Time. Is it a big mash up of fairytales, or is it mostly Alice In Wonderland based?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

I was talking to spyro, but it's neither. It's actually mostly in modern-day world, which continues from episode to episode, with a bunch of flashbacks to the "fairytale" world or whatever, which are in weird timelines.

Shadoninja

I watched this on Sunday. It was really interesting.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nana1Popo2

Finally! some feedback! haha.

SFK: It's more centered around Snow White? and her child (the main character)

Overall, I absolutely love the show! Sure, it isn't the BEST EVER. But it IS a television show, and they must've been given a good budget because some of the animations are actually not that bad for TV! And of course it is dramatic, but it's interesting to see how they tie together ALL these storybook characters into one town, etc, and the idea behind it is great. and hopefully, as Slow said, I hope the second season is just as thrilling. The last few episodes REALLY made the entire season, they were the best.

So if you don't know what the show is about, or HAVENT watched it, and like storybook characters, and fairy tales, etc, give it a try! You may be surprised to see how things turn out after watching a few episodes!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SuperFireKirby

^Well I saw there was an episode titled "Hat Trick" so I automatically thought of the Mad Hatter. ;D

Zunawe

^There's a tie to Wonderland, but if you could just imagine a bunch of Disney movies and bedtime stories in the same world ruled by an evil queen, that's basically it. Of course they're in the real world, but I was just talking about the normal world for them.

I've watched basically all of them. It's a great show, but they just have so much drama between the main character and the main antagonist and between Snow White and Prince Charming that I just can't say I love it. It's also a teensy predictable, but it has a great plot.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

I'm watching it again since now my dad is watching it as well. I'm watching them with him.

I want the soundtrack CD so bad....

SlowPokemon

Oh, and in case anyone is interested, the first season just went down about $10 on Amazon. $25 isn't a bad price.