News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

NSM Xbox Minecraft Server!

Started by K-NiGhT, May 15, 2012, 09:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

Is it possible to buy and give a Minecraft to a friend?

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FSM-Reapr

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FSM-Reapr

How?(I suck in buying stuff online)

Cobraroll

Minecraft.net > Buy Gift Code > Mail Gift Code to friend.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

FSM-Reapr

Olimar12345

Update came yesterday. It added enchanting, brewing, nether fortresses, the END, and lots moar.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 21, 2012, 02:31:39 PMUpdate came yesterday. It added enchanting, brewing, nether fortresses, the END, and lots moar.
Guess I'll have to make *another* singleplayer map.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ALPRAS

I have Minecraft for Xbox and I love it! But the game is too limited compared with the pc version.
I only play it online in my brother's account (JPRAS1996), since he's the one with the gold account...

BlackDragonSlayer

Probably the only thing I don't like about Minecraft currently is the Hunger Bar: it limits exploration (without a giant supply of food, which limits mining) and makes things more complex than they need to be. Even experience and enchanting are reasonable compared to that...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

It still doesn't compare to the pc version. Nope, not by a long shot.

Cobraroll

As long as you're exploring the overworld, you'd regularly encounter groups of cows or pigs, which would give you ample amounts of food. Steaks and beef keep you full for a long time.

If you're spelunking in caves, then you would need to return to a base to drop off minerals every once in a while anyway. Why not grow food there? Even killed zombies sometimes drop food.

And if you're exploring the Nether... running out of food is usually the least of your worries. When you enter the Nether with exploration in mind, you should be prepared for a long trip.

Anyway, do anybody play any mods for Minecraft? I play Tekkit, and it's awesome in my eyes. Machinery, vast processing and sorting systems, easy ways to acquire building materials, extra ambient sounds, new content in the Nether, that nifty minimap...

The best ting is that the changes brought by Tekkit rarely kick in before you reach what can be described as "lategame" in vanilla Minecraft. To get anywhere with machines, you need lots of redstone, and to have automated mining, you need lots of diamonds. Once you've reached that level in Vanilla, all that's left to do is construction projects. In Tekkit, this is where the fun starts.

Oh, and that awesome feeling the first time a Creeper explodes in your face, throwing you against a wall... and dealing only a single heart of damage, because of that über-armour you've saved up for. Too bad Tekkit runs at Minecraft 1.2.5, though. No carrots, potatoes, item frames or Withers.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Cobraroll on December 25, 2012, 04:00:19 PMAs long as you're exploring the overworld, you'd regularly encounter groups of cows or pigs, which would give you ample amounts of food. Steaks and beef keep you full for a long time.

If you're spelunking in caves, then you would need to return to a base to drop off minerals every once in a while anyway. Why not grow food there? Even killed zombies sometimes drop food.

And if you're exploring the Nether... running out of food is usually the least of your worries. When you enter the Nether with exploration in mind, you should be prepared for a long trip.
If you're exploring, you'd have to slaughter every group you see to get long-lasting supplies; steak only restores four 'shanks'... and carry a furnace with you... and fuel...

If you're spelunking, you'd have to take more trips back to base (which would again, if you have all that food in your inventory, as well as torches, reduce the hunger bar more than you fill it, especially if you have to sprint/swim long distances back) with all that stuff in your inventory (a decent amount of pickaxes, and room for all the stuff you collect, which adds up really really fast).

If you get trapped/lost in a cave/the Nether, and you just keep wandering (or, better yet as an example, fall to a place that makes it nearly impossible to get up), and you use up your supplies (especially in the Nether), the fact that your health drains isn't entirely helpful. When searching for a Nether Fortress, which takes a long time even in the limited Xbox 360 version, you'll have to ensure that that doesn't happen, which really isn't practical very often.

Your inventory only has a limited room, and having to include that much food would just make things a lot more restrained... if you're not playing in Peaceful Mode. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Double post... but my last post was quite a while ago... :P

This is really epic.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber