Zunawe Can Make Games!

Started by Zunawe, May 23, 2012, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

I am hoping to get into video game programming after college, so I started on some recreations and other miscellaneous (I can't believe I spelled that right on my first try) games. I have been working on this game in Game Maker (a watered down version of raw programming. Basically it puts everything that you create together). It's some sort of spaceship game that I haven't named.

WSAD or arrow keys to move, and space to shoot. There are a few glitches, and the levels run out at about 11 or 12, but it's still kinda fun to fiddle with. I have yet to finish the upgrades, and I still need music (hint hint) and a better background. Also, to restart the game, you have to exit and run the file again.

Apologies for browsers that don't trust .exe files. I promise I haven't figured out how to hack yet.

Stand-alone

This isn't something that's likely to continue unless somebody else picks it up. It was a fun little project that will soon be lost to the public unless I upload it somewhere.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

This isn't very popular is it?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Olimar12345

I haven't played it yet. Soon, though.  ;)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SuperFireKirby

Played it last night at 12-somethin but was too lazy/tired to post a response. :P

It's pretty good, certainly better than anything I ever made in GM. The game glitches when you die though, not allowing you to restart. But it's a pretty neat little game.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zunawe

I haven't set up the respawn system, because when you go through a level it uses the room. I would have to create 3 of each room to make it work properly, which I don't want to do just yet.

I program things

DrP

I can't play...

Macs no recognize .exe

Zunawe

Go to the Yoyo Games website and download the free trial from the website for macs. It literally takes 20 seconds on a new-ish computer. Then there's a play button of some sort near the top. You need to use the second link, though.

I program things

DrP

Sounds like too much work.

If I am ever on my PC partition (which I am a lot) AND if I remember, I'll take a look!

Also, you should try Dropbox, Google Drive or some other Cloud Based storage solution, because you can directly save the file to your computer and it will be constantly updated if you make a change to it... no reuploads!

I have a link in my sig!

Zunawe

Lol, I noticed your advertising before. I'll look at it.

I program things

DrP

Across 5 different partitions on 3 computers, it really makes my life simpler because I can know where all my files are... not "on which partition did I leave that file."

AND

If you make an update to a Finale file, it'll instantly update on here, while keeping the SAME link! Pretty Spiffy!

Dude

K-NiGhT

You should make an RPG

:0 it'll give you sumthin to do over the summer.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

It takes a lot of work. Plus I have AP homework to do also. I need to design all the sprites for everything, make up a story, build the world, and program it. This game alone took me about 3 months of work and it's not even close to done.

EDIT: Whoops! I did not realize that there were already some things upgraded. I will reset that soon so that you can actually start from the beginning. If you want to test out everything I can make a second version and give you a lot of money to start with.

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, the game is now playable through all levels that I have created, and the upgrades are set to normal. Also, the handling was added. It does make a difference when there are a lot of asteroids around. I apologize for any odd glitches that you may find. I have to fix a lot of things. For example, diagonal lasers don't reflect off mirrors.

*sigh* Fixing minor imperfections in a chain of objects is exhausting. Some of the descriptions of upgrades were off by a few pixels, so, being a perfectionist in some cases, I had to move 22 blocks of text up 4 pixels. . . Games should be able to make themselves.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

Making RPGs is certainly not for those with things to do.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

K-NiGhT

Maybe i could...I have nothing to do anymore...
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*