News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[NDS] Pokemon Black/White Version - Relic Castle

Started by November, May 28, 2012, 08:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoboMoga

do u use finale? cuz if i use noteflight and then import the MIDI to finale, it'll get screwed up, so i might as well learn how to use finale...and srry, been caught up with summer school and all  :-\

November

I usually use Finale, yes. However, if it's only a couple of bars, I could always copy it over manually c:
And that's completely fine! I'm actually not done school (not until another week, actually), so feel free to take as much time as you need.

Shadoninja

Quote from: MoboMoga on June 15, 2012, 09:39:05 AMdo u use finale? cuz if i use noteflight and then import the MIDI to finale, it'll get screwed up, so i might as well learn how to use finale...and srry, been caught up with summer school and all  :-\
Can noteflight export xml?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

MoboMoga

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 16, 2012, 10:22:48 AMCan noteflight export xml?

not familiar with the term, but when i export to MIDI, there's a choice called MusicXML...
and does anyone know how to add voices in finale (upper and lower)?

Shadoninja

Quote from: MoboMoga on June 16, 2012, 10:25:14 AMnot familiar with the term, but when i export to MIDI, there's a choice called MusicXML...
and does anyone know how to add voices in finale (upper and lower)?
yeah that. Try exporting in MusicXML and then importing it into finale and see what happens.

Use the numbers on the lower left. Try using the shortcut Shift+Alt+1/2/3/4. I don't know if that works on notepad.

MoboMoga

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 16, 2012, 10:32:54 AMyeah that. Try exporting in MusicXML and then importing it into finale and see what happens.

Use the numbers on the lower left. Try using the shortcut Shift+Alt+1/2/3/4. I don't know if that works on notepad.

it works great, thnx  ;)

MoboMoga

Quote from: November on June 16, 2012, 07:27:03 AMI usually use Finale, yes. However, if it's only a couple of bars, I could always copy it over manually c:
And that's completely fine! I'm actually not done school (not until another week, actually), so feel free to take as much time as you need.

actually, look what i've found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cK4Vp2pSI
u could use this, i think  :-\

but if i were u, i would try to add a bass line, and combine the video's notes as two voices.

November

Quote from: MoboMoga on June 16, 2012, 12:21:04 PMactually, look what i've found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cK4Vp2pSI
u could use this, i think  :-\

but if i were u, i would try to add a bass line, and combine the video's notes as two voices.

Ah, I could use that too! Thank you for pointing that out for me.

Bespinben

So I've spent a very large portion portion of my day today trying to think of a good way to effectively create a SOLO arrangement of the Time Gear theme despite the numerous parts, and I've finally acheived an epiphany. I'm hoping I can have it done in the next 3 hours, that way I can put it towards my daily arrangement count XD
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

Alright! A few minutes after midnight but who cares? Here it is November -- "Time Gear" for SOLO piano! I'm so happy I took the opportunity to arrange this song, it is so beautiful. I hope my arrangement can do it justice. Also, once you look through it, do you think I should write in an optional ending? I had some ideas, and I think the arrangement would be more complete if I wrote one in instead of just sticking a "D.S. al Fine" at the end.

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Time Gear Theme (Fogbound Lake)":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

November

Quote from: Bespinben on June 22, 2012, 12:11:54 AMAlright! A few minutes after midnight but who cares? Here it is November -- "Time Gear" for SOLO piano! I'm so happy I took the opportunity to arrange this song, it is so beautiful. I hope my arrangement can do it justice. Also, once you look through it, do you think I should write in an optional ending? I had some ideas, and I think the arrangement would be more complete if I wrote one in instead of just sticking a "D.S. al Fine" at the end.

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Time Gear Theme (Fogbound Lake)":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Ah, it's simply brilliant, Bespinben! :D I really, really appreciate you arranging this, you did such a fantastic job! And you managed to make it a solo, too. Very impressive c:
Yeah, if you'd like to, an optional ending would give a sense of closure to the arrangement.

spitllama

To say this has been a successful request thread would be an understatement
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Quote from: spitllama on June 23, 2012, 08:50:08 PMTo say this has been a successful request thread would be an understatement

2 reasons:

1.) November has excellent taste in VGM.
2.) When you request PMD, I WILL fulfill it.

MoboMoga

have to agree with that.. this is the first request thread I've ever seen that was so quickly fulfilled.. thanks to you Bespinben ;)

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bespinben on June 24, 2012, 08:34:37 AM2.) When you request PMD, I WILL fulfill it.

You better O_O. *sets up burning post*