News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Group Storytelling

Started by Zunawe, June 04, 2012, 08:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

I don't think that this exists yet, and if so, it's dead.

Think about a text-based computer game. This is kinda like that. One person will start a story and present a problem. The next person will solve the problem with a simple phrase like "Use sword to chop off head." The person after that will decide the consequences of the previous decision and begins the story again, only to present another problem.

Example:

Le person 1: You come across a raging river. You see three paths. A sturdy stone bridge that looks ominously clean, a thin log that looks as if it might break with too much weight, and some slippery stones on a wide part of the river. Which way do you choose?

Le person 2: Walk over stones.

Le person 3: You slip and fall into the river. You can try to swim to the far bank to get across, try to ride out the river to where it's calmer, or attempt to get back to the bank you started on, which is much closer.

etc. . .

I'll start.

You wake up in a cold, damp, dark area with no visible openings. . . In fact, nothing is visible. You have also lost your memory, and can't find anything on you other than your clothes. You can try and wait for somebody to show you where you are, or you can try to look for something to help you figure out where you are, knowing that there may be dangers in the vast darkness.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

You attempt to locate something that will help you find your way out of the darkness. While searching, you lose your footing and stumble down a large hole. After a few minutes of lying on the ground you come to your senses and find yourself in a small, dome shaped formation with glowing crystals covering the walls. You see a small pathway that leads back into the darkness, away from the light of the crystals. Or you can attempt to climb your way back out of the hole you had fallen through.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

You try breaking off a crystal to use as a small light source.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]