News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by UnknownKirbyMan, June 05, 2012, 02:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

because the champions are close enough in power level that in solo queue you can basically do well with any champion so long as you're good.  When teamwork and synergy get involved he's just useless.  So like you can do well with him but you could do better with a stronger champ
unmotivated

blueflower999

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 14, 2017, 01:29:58 PMbecause the champions are close enough in power level
I disagree here. Some champ's kits are inherently more overloaded than others.

Quotethat in solo queue
Master and Challenger tier is basically professional play, not solo queue.

Quoteyou can basically do well with any champion so long as you're good.
This is true only in low elo. Again, we're talking about high level professional players here. How many of them play champions like Urgot, who's considered pretty much unanimously to be useless?

QuoteWhen teamwork and synergy get involved he's just useless.
You're telling me that coordinating a dragon with Mordekaiser on your team is useless? You can win an entire game off of getting a dragon as him.

QuoteSo like you can do well with him but you could do better with a stronger champ
This may be true, but it's not who's strong, it's who you're good at. And I happen to be reasonably good at him.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

Quote from: blueflower999 on May 14, 2017, 12:33:06 PMThen explain to me why there are 4 master and 3 challenger Korean Mord mains
I guarantee you there are at least this many urgot mains
solo queue is completely different from pro play or team play man
unmotivated

braix

Blue what rank are you I forget

You're talking like you're a Diamond player or something which I'm pretty sure you aren't
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

blueflower999

And you're talking like you've played Mordekaiser extensively which I'm pretty sure you haven't.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

actually, I used to play morde a lot in season 4.  I regularly had 300 CS per game on him
unmotivated

blueflower999

Isn't that like saying that I regularly played Galio last year so I'm therefore an expert on Galio
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

morde is still a no mobility champion that relies on his survivability to walk through the enemy team
unmotivated

braix

I can tell you that I've easily crushed every morde I've had the pleasure of playing against, and most of them I will bet were probably better than you.
Not trying to be mean but like nobody plays Morde for a reason. He's a super niche pick that most often times will fail to work unless you're playing against shit players or you're playing with a team that really knows what they're doing.
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

blueflower999

Are we talking top lane or mid lane Morde? Because I'd imagine that mid lane he'd suck, yeah. I wouldn't make the claim that I'm great at the champ, but I do have close to 100 games on him. He does have a really high skill cap though and it took me forever to learn how to play him properly.

And IDK how you're defining bad players, but for my purposes he seems to be working fine. From my knowledge here are his pro's and cons:
Spoiler
Pros:

Incredibly high single target damage
Decent lane sustain
Incredibly high snowball potential
One of the best siege potentials in the game
Relatively tanky with or without tank items
Mixed damage
Percent Max Health damage
High af AD and AP ratios
The ability to instantly delete the enemy adc if you catch them out
You can heal teammates from a distance
No mana costs, and the health costs don't matter after level 8 or 9 due to the amount of health your W gives you.

Cons:

Very low base movement speed (I buy Swiftness boots to make up for this, plus his W gives him additional movement speed if you use it properly)
Zero crowd control (Rylai's and Hextech Gunblade help, but I admit this is still a legitimate issue.)
Not much in the way of AoE damage
Very easy to kite and harass from a distance
If focused in a teamfight will die fairly quickly
High skill cap and can be mechanically difficult to play perfectly.
[close]

I realize that the cons are large, but in my mind the pro's out weigh them. I mean you do you (maybe you'd rather play a champ with infinite mobility, just as much damage, and no cooldowns?) But I'm perfectly fine playing a niche pick. He's fun af, I can carry games with him, and he's so complex that he never gets boring.

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

keep in mind zorro is a yasuo main
unmotivated

braix

@blue I just don't think the pros are worth it. If your lane opponent(s) knows what they're doing, they'll harass the shit out of you early game, set you behind, deny dragon, and make sure you can't get anywhere close enough to deal any damage. That said, if they don't do that or if your team comp works totally in your favor, you can carry. But those sorts of games are rare.

@noc I main Anivia for climbing, I only play Yasuo for fun or if Anivia is banned
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=lllilliiilii

FireArrow

Morde is certaintly not godtier but he isn't trash either. Saying "oh, he just gets kited to death if they have good teamwork" is a dumb argument unless you wanna argue that every juggernaut style champ is bad. Also ult + rylai's is cancer .-.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

blueflower999

Ult + Rylai's + Liandry's can easily steal 40-50 percent of someone's max health while they're being slowed for 10 seconds. It's pretty impossible to duel that unless you're Jax, Darius, or incredibly mobile.
Bulbear! Blueflower999