News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Dude

Quote from: Zunawe on June 11, 2012, 11:28:47 AMWith. . ?
Programming? Music?

Just not Art or Writing.

Jub3r7

I can help a bit with programming and maybe give suggestions for the story.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Zunawe

I had no idea there were so many programmers.

We're all going to give suggestions for the story. The writers will just work out details and come up with the outline.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Jub3r7

In that case, could I help look for glitches? XD

Zunawe

Okay, but you'll basically hate this game when you're done. You'll have to go through every level again and again until you want to stab your computer, each time trying to get past an obstacle early, or glitch through the wall, or become invincible. You'll tell us what you did, and the programmers will isolate the problem and fix it.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

DryLuigi

Hey guys, Zunawe contacted me about assisting with programming for this project, so I figured I would make an account so I could collaborate and contribute with all you fine people. (So please excuse the lack of posts). I'm excited to see where this adventure takes us!
The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss -Douglas Adams

Zunawe

Your name is on the list. I probably could have guessed correctly before you even thought about making an account. If you haven't already, go look at my game in GM so that you know what the code is like.

I program things

Spyro

I'm not too great at Game Maker, but I could help here and there on a couple of things depending on what it is.

Zunawe

If you feel like you can contribute to something then go ahead.

I program things

blueflower999

Definitely interested. I'll suggest ideas for the story, if nothing else. Level design or ideas I can do. Art, composing, programming, or anything similar probably not. A few things:

Is this going to be an RPG about NSM, like Slow's story is about NSM? Or is it going to just be a standard Medieval RPG?
I think it would be a good idea to meet in the chat room sometime, to discuss this. I find it easier to spew out ideas for a game that way.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Zunawe

This is going to be NSM's RPG, so it doesn't have to be about anything at the moment. I was thinking it would either go to fantasy or futuristic. We'll see what K-NiGhT comes up with and what everybody else wants. When we have the outline maybe we can set a time to go to the chatroom.

I program things

EFitTrainr

Quote from: blueflower999 on June 12, 2012, 04:51:39 PMDefinitely interested. I'll suggest ideas for the story, if nothing else. Level design or ideas I can do. Art, composing, programming, or anything similar probably not. A few things:

Is this going to be an RPG about NSM, like Slow's story is about NSM? Or is it going to just be a standard Medieval RPG?
I think it would be a good idea to meet in the chat room sometime, to discuss this. I find it easier to spew out ideas for a game that way.
I like the idea of having it be about NSM!
I like food.

Jub3r7

Obviously I ask Slow to go on adventures with me but then shadowkirby pops in saying DID YOU SAY ADVENTURE? and then I make slow and shadowkirby fight but the art is so bad that it's a tie and shadowkirby wins and joins the party?

Also this is a reference to something, I'm not being serious about this.

DryLuigi

I think we could have some interesting enemy/weapon/character designs if it's set in a steampunk or sci-fi type of setting. Just a thought.
The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss -Douglas Adams

SuperFireKirby

I think steam-punk elements would be a nice touch, but it shouldn't overdone. A combination of medieval-style fantasy and sci-fi would be pretty coll, imo.

Also, I'm completely against the NSM theme for the game, simply because it would just be one big inside joke that would have every non-nsm member scratching their heads in confusion. It is our rpg, but do you see Bethesda making a game centered around Bethesda Softworks? Nope. We should definitely have in-jokes and references all over the place, hell name random NPCs after members(A SIPAN CHARACTER IS REQUIRED), but we shouldn't make this another NSM Adventure story.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!