News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

mikey

so are we actually making an RPG happen?  If we are, the first thing that needs to get done is a list of people who are in.  After we've done that we need to decide how many people we need working on each part of the game, and someone to write the general storyline.  Then we need to plan out the characters, both playables and NPC's, then there's a whole slew of mapmaking to do (as well as tying the map in with the storyline) then we have to focus on each section of the map and detail it in, one tiny section at a time.  There's just so much work that needs to go into this that we need to get a headcount and willingness to participate before we should even work on it.
unmotivated

Dude

good luck guys, i'll be here not wasting time and energy

braix

I'm willing to participate in this if we're actually making it
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Jub3r7

To be realistic, unless someone who has successfully completed multiple projects like this puts themselves in charge (with demos already in their portfolio), it's likely just going to stay an incomplete project.

If you really want to work on it, figure out the exact style/genre/exactly how the game works first, list out the specific things that need to be done, and make it really easy for someone else to continue your job.

The level of specificity I'm talking about is AT LEAST something along the lines of "walk-around adventure like original LOZ, seven sections to explore, character-driven plot with 3 other main characters; a title theme plus a credits theme makes 7  + 3 + 2 = 12 songs to be written," if not even more specific.

What engine are you using to make the game? What programming language does it use / is it easy to pick up? If you use a piece of software that costs money or just isn't user friendly at all, then any work you've done is basically useless except in the instance where you dedicate the majority of your spare time for several months to developing and completing the game.

Also, purely hypothetical, if the game gets to a stage where we have a working demo introducing the story and characters, it's important for the contributors to not get upset if their work/ideas aren't included when making the final version. My guess is that given the number of composers who would want to work on it, we'll get an abundance of work that just isn't included, whether or not there was room for it in the game. There could just be an extras folder that has art, music, and ideas that don't make it in the game.

So... backtracking, first step is making a road map, which requires understanding style/genre or whatever; popular opinion should be considered but the ideal is that it should be easy -to program and -for someone else to continue where you left off.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

braix

i have the story guys
takes place in New York 2046
a 30 year old man that lives with his parents goes on an adventure to slay a dragon and bring the head back to prove that he isnt just a crazy videogame addict and that he deserves a good job
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

I like it
is it secretly kefka
unmotivated

Mashi

ill only play this game if michael cera (who is naturally the protagonist of the story) stars as jub3r7

the other way around is fine too

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Mashi on September 05, 2015, 07:41:32 PMill only play this game if michael cera (who is naturally the protagonist of the story) stars as jub3r7

the other way around is fine too

same
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.