News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Started by Shadoninja, June 25, 2012, 10:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

There is no poll.

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 14, 2012, 03:07:39 AM

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

pumpy_heart

I think multiple threads popping up as new would be more annoying. Easier to sort, sure. But then there's 10 new topics on Zelda music when it could have been 1 unsortable blob.
Sorting is nice, less new topics nicer. At a certain point, it could become like spam.

On the other hand, if we limit this further, people will be unlikely to request from multiple games of the same series. I remember when I used to request songs. Was a pain to get noticed, even more so nerve-wracking to not know when it's okay to post again. It could get back to these old days where it's good for the board, worse for the requester.

Ionno. I don't think it's necessary. A bajillion LOZ [MUL] is better in my eyes than a million LOZ [NES], LOZ [WW] etc.

DonValentino

Know what? Yes. This may sound crazy, but why don't we go a little further? We could put child boards like "Mario" or "Zelda" and then include a topic for each game of the series, with its own full tracklist. Then arrangers could claim songs there. We could also make another child board called "Fulfilled Soundtracks" where the completed game soundtracks would be moved.

It would be a simple way to keep everything clean and very well organized.

Also, I wouldn't mind to work hard and help on this if it's approved.

Finally, that would finish once and for all with requests. If someone really wants a single song, then they could post a comment on the corresponding topic.

The Deku Trombonist

One option is to have one thread per game for people post in, with the list being in the OP.

DonValentino

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 27, 2012, 02:05:48 AMOne option is to have one thread per game for people post in, with the list being in the OP.

Which is a short way to say what I said, right?

Also, sorry to be annoying, but what is OP? Opening Post?  :-[

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: WarioMan98 on June 27, 2012, 03:21:29 AMWhich is a short way to say what I said, right?
I suppose, now that I look at it. But entire soundtrack lists are a bit useless, we only need to know what has been requested. And threads are easier to handle than tonnes of child boards.

Quote from: WarioMan98 on June 27, 2012, 03:21:29 AMAlso, sorry to be annoying, but what is OP? Opening Post?  :-[
Yup.

DonValentino

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 27, 2012, 03:47:53 AMI suppose, now that I look at it. But entire soundtrack lists are a bit useless, we only need to know what has been requested. And threads are easier to handle than tonnes of child boards.

Fair enough.

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 27, 2012, 03:47:53 AMYup.

Thanks.

Shadoninja

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 27, 2012, 02:05:48 AMOne option is to have one thread per game for people post in, with the list being in the OP.

I could get behind this idea. How about something like, if a game gets requested 5 times or more, A unified thread will be made. I'll merge the topics in this case.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 27, 2012, 02:05:51 PMI could get behind this idea. How about something like, if a game gets requested 5 times or more, A unified thread will be made. I'll merge the topics in this case.

So should I go through with this idea?

DonValentino

Shadoninja

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 27, 2012, 02:05:51 PMI could get behind this idea. How about something like, if a game gets requested 5 times or more, A unified thread will be made. I'll merge the topics in this case.

The problem with this is the inter-weaving of potentially unrelated conversations. Why not just have one thread per game? Regardless of the number of requests

pumpy_heart

If we do go ahead with the one thread per game, bumping laws are officially eliminated in the request forum. If no one else has requested Contra for a year, I'll find that thread and post in that, bumping the topic.

I'm fine with it. Requesters may not be. Hard enough to get noticed now. Would depersonalize the situation even more.

The solution has to be based on the requester and putting everything towards them. Sorting, fulfilling is all our duty, not theirs. I don't think anything needs to change to the current system unless it aids both parties. Right now, the only people I see this solution helping are the moderators.

On the other hand, this could lead to requests not getting duplicated as often. But again, that's not really the requesters' problem. Just the moderators.

I am now short two cents.

DonValentino

Soooo... The poll is closed...
Let's do this then!  :D

DonValentino