News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Amateur arranging... Really amateurish arranging

Started by Taser9090, June 29, 2012, 03:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taser9090

Since NotePad is free again, I thought I should try and learn how to use it before my music theory/compositions class starts. The thing is, I can't listen listen to music and then convert it to notes.

I was thinking I could "arrange" some music from WarioWare D.I.Y.,a game similar to Mario Paint. The game has pre-loaded records composed by the game's composers, and it wouldn't be too hard to copy the records into Finale (of course, I would need to familiarize myself first).

If I copied the music into Finale, would the arrangements be acceptable for submissions? I'm just curious since I'm arranging using my eyes instead of my ears, which isn't typical for NinSheetMusic's arrangements.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DonValentino

Winter

It wouldn't be an arrangement really, it would be a transcription of sorts. You couldn't put "arranged by..."

It would be accepted if it still fit our guidelines and treated like any other sheet however, but it needs to be arranged for piano, not just plugged into Finale.

Taser9090

Alright, that's great :D

I don't think anyone would be interested in these songs anyway, so this would be a great opportunity.

...Though I'm still a newb in Notepad :P

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover